The Roughest Outcome

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Haley stepped back some more. Her eyes never left (f/n), and (f/n) now took a step back. The amount of abhorrence directed towards the older teen made her wish to leave the house, but she had to calm Haley down; however, she couldn't help but think that Haley was more terrifying than the creature presently. Any moment, Haley could explode and do something that she would regret later.

Managing to keep her voice steady, (f/n) argued, "Haley, that's bizarre. I only knew about Dean's disappearance when I was in the store with you. And, why would I ever help the creature? That's even crazier. That's why I need your help so that I can stop him. I only agreed to him this morning because my parents' lives were on the line, but I have every intention to kill him."

The hate in her dark blues didn't vanish. Before Haley could retort back, though, (f/n) continued, "The connections that you're making aren't reasonable. The creature probably retrieved that hoodie from somewhere else. And, I already told you my reason for starting the plan now. Remember? I had only formed it recently."

Shaking her head in disbelief, Haley almost chuckled. "You're the unreasonable one, (f/n). You think that you can convince that you're not lying. Well, you're wrong!" She backed up more. "Maybe, you did create your plan not too long ago, but you only developed it because you knew that the creature had come back. He came back to his d*mn helper!

"And, what about last night?! You call me to tell me not to text or call you. Wait until our next meeting, huh?! Well, now I know why. The creature was there listening in!"

"No, that's not the reason!" (F/n) took several steps forward. Her fists were clenched. "I thought that I had seen the creature out in the cemetery last night. I grew worried. When I saw that you had called, I had wanted to keep you safe by telling you not to contact me. I've been trying to keep you safe this entire time!"

You've already lost her. Laughter sounded from behind her on the couch. And, the creature is probably on its way. It's going to kill her. Dean's voice grew lower, and he sounded pissed off. You really are a disgusting human.

(F/n) forced herself not to glance behind her. Haley didn't even think her frozen state odd. "Tch, you even know that's not true, (f/n). Look at you!" The younger teen stepped into the kitchen and stood behind the counter. "You have liar written all over your face. Just admit that you've been helping him and tell me where the f*ck Dean is!" Her hands slammed against the counter, and tears started to drip down her cheeks.

Standing up taller, (f/n) shook her head that time. She walked forward, and Haley watched her carefully. Cautiously, (f/n) placed her hands on the counter. It was hard to remain relaxed, but she had to keep her voice level. "I don't know where Dean is. And, I haven't been helping the creature. Please, I need you to believe me, Haley. I'm telling you the truth."

Hesitantly, (f/n) reached out her right hand to rest soothingly on Haley's shoulder. "Your shock from seeing the creature and the crash are only heightening your confusion." A comforting smile tried to work itself on her lips, but her terror of Haley prevented it from taking shape. Her hand, though, never reached her shoulder.