The Lowest Threat

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

 "Again, you misunderstand. Obviously, there's an attachment between us," the creature agreed, his nails tapped against the edge of the table. "And, she would be dead if there wasn't. But, you're misunderstanding again. She's my partner, and I decided to save her because of that." Of course, he was leaving out details, but he wouldn't state those to the wretched girl before him. She didn't deserve a full explanation.

A sigh left him. For a split second, disappointment ran through his pale eyes. When it vanished, irritation replaced it. "She has no feelings for me. She wishes to kill me just as much as you do.

"And, I'd be a fool if I thought that feelings for me would ever develop in her. I murdered her best friend and left her in a gruesome fashion. I tore apart her hope of ever living a normal life again, and she has to be always careful not to break her deal with me. If she severs it, she will face a fate of even worse suffering, yet she still plots to kill me.

"If she fails, her agreement is off, and I execute option B. She's risking everything on this plan to kill me, but I suppose that didn't factor into that brain of yours." He tapped his right index finger against his head to mock her before he giggled. "Still, I would think that you would want to tell me her plan. It would bring her closer to option B. She would suffer a fate worse than a quick death."

Haley merely scowled. "You wouldn't be dead, though, nor would you be broken. (F/n) has to die, and it sounds like she wouldn't in this option B. I'm not disclosing anything to you! And, stop making it seem like she has suffered worse than me! She's working with you! Her parents and she are completely safe from the nightmare that is you. Even if she breaks her present deal with you and her parents die, she'll still live."

Shaking his head, the creature wondered how (f/n) could ever tolerate the teen before him. "She may live, but she'll be suffering worse than you. She already is, but she had the heart to push her suffering aside and help you through your problems. And, I'll repeat this; she tried to save you. You're the one who f*cked all of this up, Haley. You're the one who put yourself in this situation.

"Eventually, I was going to find and question you, but you sped up the process. Not to mention that you pissed me off with trying to kill my partner." He giggled. "Really, I'm looking forward to this whole process."

"She still formed an agreement with a human-eating monster! She deserves everything that's coming to her! She still helped you kill my boyfriend! Those facts will never change, and I'll never forgive her. I know what I have to do, and your words won't change that!"

Giggling, the creature pushed himself off of the table. His nails lifted up her chin, and his eyes briefly caught sight of the swelling around her wrists before they turned back to her face. A smirk touched his lips. "Actually, she didn't help me kill your boyfriend." He leaned in close. The tips of his nails dug into her skin, and she winced. Droplets of blood dripped down. "In fact, he's with us right now."

Hope crept into her eyes as they widened. "W-what ..."

"You heard me. Do you want to see him? I know that he would love to see you. It's been so long for the two of you. I'm sure that you would love to wrap your arms around him."