The Truest Admittance

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Carefully, she shifted her arms so that they would be over her midsection. (F/n) intertwined her fingers a little to distract herself from the creature's gaze. He was completely facing her again, and his nails tapped against his pant leg lightly. A shiver ran up her body, not just from the cold. "I would think that you would know what it is. I've made that obvious enough."

"Then, tell me directly. I want to hear it."

"You're right." He raised an eyebrow, motioning for her to continue. She released a sigh. Her breath danced visibly in the air before it faded. (F/n) met his gaze. "I'll never have any romantic feelings for you. You explained why perfectly to Haley. Even if you're going to be taking care of me, my feelings won't change. Once I'm better, I'm starting up my plan against you again."

His hands traveled to his pockets. The creature's expression was unreadable before a smirk touched his lips. "I understand. I would be an idiot otherwise, but what about being my partner? Are you still going to resist that? I have saved your life. Surely, that holds some weight." Despite his smile, his left fingers twitched.

Her eyes broke their stare with him. She looked up to the ceiling. More of her breath decorated the air. "I think that I understand now." (E/c) orbs diverted back to him. "I know why you're so obsessed with me being your partner. Anyone who's smart can comprehend that you're not an idiot, but you're desperate. You're attempting to cling to something."

Silence left the creature. His smirk fell, and his heart rate picked up a little in speed. Both of his hands shifted. They desired to cover his ears, but he was frozen. He tried to move his lips, but words refused to come.

"You know that I won't ever attain romantic feelings for you, and you pretend that you're fine with that, but you're not. Maybe, you haven't realized that yourself, but it's clear. Haley saw it, and I'm seeing it now. Instead of forcing me to feel something for you, you wish me to be your partner so that there's a stronger attachment between us. Our relationship becomes something more than just a deal.

"Even though you told me that I can use one of your nicknames, you want me to call you by something else. You wish for me to address you as my partner. Maybe, you even desire me to create my own nickname for you. Another thing that partners might do. And, you never specified the type of partner. In your mind, you could easily replace business partner with romantic partner. You could create your own little illusion that would satisfy you."

The creature's hands clenched. His eyes narrowed, and he finally took a step towards the bed. Her heartbeat increased, but she figured that she could say a few more words. "You don't want to accept it because you know my answer. You understand that I won't change my reply, but we both know it to be true. You wouldn't have saved my life, you wouldn't have reacted so strongly to Haley's insults and you wouldn't have brushed aside Haley's comment about your heart being crushed if you didn't have romantic feelings for me."

Finally, his lips parted. His hands withdrew from his pockets before his nails rested under her chin. He could hear her heart pounding, but his was too. Examining her eyes, he spotted terror but also confidence. She was certain that she had gotten everything right, and he didn't know if she had. The creature frankly was ... bewildered. "Then ... are we partners?"