Chapter 2

--- Three years later---

It was a cool Friday evening, just right before 6:30pm. Luna is at the children's center where she worked part-time and volunteered the other half. Dressed casually in blue jeans and a button-up blouse, her long chocolate brown hair was tied up in a ponytail to stay out of her way.

She quickly finished sweeping the floor as she had to leave the center in a couple minutes for a date—a BLIND date.

Her brother-in-law, William set her up on a blind date with someone he knew and thought would be a good match for her. Luna scoffed, thinking about the situation. A good match, Luna thought to herself as she put the broom and pan away. The first thing he'll will do is look at my body and lose interest, she thought negatively.

Luna isn't fat, but she isn't necessarily slim like how every girl "should" be either. She is more rounded and curvy. If it was up to Luna, she will say she is perfectly happy with how she looks, but her mother says otherwise. "You need to watch what and how much you eat," is what Mrs. Rose always tells Luna whenever she gets the chance. "You still need to get married like your sisters did."

When did getting married ever have to do with how a person looks? Oh wait, Luna thought, everything.

Luna went into the back room to grab her purse and said goodbye to the staff and children before stepping outside. The sun has already set and the air was a little cooler than usual. "It is almost Autumn."

A black SUV pulled up in front of her and a man walked out from the driver's side to open the back door for her. "Thank you, Sean."

"You're welcome, Miss." He closed the door behind her and got back into the the driver's seat and drove off.

"Do you think I should change?" Luna asked Sean. He took a quick glance at the rear view mirror and didn't say anything. "Fine. Take me to the nearest boutique so I can change."

The black SUV stopped in front of a restaurant after visiting a small boutique down the road. Sean walked out to open the door for Luna and assisted her out the car. She stepped out in a navy blue, floor-length velvet dress with capped sleeves. Her hair was down and swept over her left shoulder. In her right hand was a small black clutch.

 In her right hand was a small black clutch

"How do I look?" Luna asked Sean.

"You look beautiful, Miss."

"Thank you," Luna said tucking her hair behind her ear and walked up to the restaurant.

"Reservation for Luna," she said to the host.

"Right this way ma'am," the host said giving her a slight bow of the head. He led her into the restaurant to a table seated for two. Luna was about to pull out her chair, but the host pulled it out for her nodding for her to sit down.

"Thank you," Luna said and sat down.

"My pleasure. Your waiter will be out in a minute. Is there anything I can do for you before then?"

"No, thank you."

Luna sat her purse down on the table and scanned the room. Almost every table was occupied with what seemed like couples. She took a deep breath in and slowly let it out. "It'll be okay. Its just dinner with a stranger," she said trying to calm her nerves.

Thirty minutes passed and Luna glanced over at her phone for the time. Her blind date was late. She picked up her glass of water to sip and decided to call Celeste to make sure she got the right time.

"Are you sure it's at 7pm? At Mi Amor? Okay. I'll wait a couple more minutes, but if he doesn't show up then I am leaving." Luna hung up the phone and continued waiting.

Another thirty minutes passed and her blind date still has not shown up. Her waiter came by to ask if she wanted to order anything yet and Luna said "no". She left a tip before getting up and left. Sean was waiting outside in the car. When he saw her walk out, he quickly got out to open her door, but she swung it open herself and got in. Sean closed the door before getting in and drove off.

"Take me home," Luna said softly.

------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for continuing to read He Loves Me. I started writing a new story, CRUSH and would love it if you give it a read and let me know what you think!

------------------------------------------------------

***Have you been stood up on a date before? I don't have any personal experiences, but I can imagine the possible feelings that a person can be feeling during that moment and it must suck... I know all too well the feelings of a first date though! Ooo... the nerves kill me sometimes! I just want to ditch the date sometimes because I get so nervous. 

Well, thank you all for reading my story. I hope you are enjoying it so far. I know, the chapters are super short! But hopefully this makes it an easier read. See you in the next chapter!***