Chapter 22

***I've been a bit preoccupied with packing for a vacation so I haven't really had much time to sit down and continue the story. I will try my best to get one more chapter out before I take off for a couple weeks. Thank you all for sticking with "He Loves Me". I really appreciate the love and support!***

------------------------------------------------------

The sun shone brightly, casting a shadow of the tree onto the green grass. The branches of the tree gently danced melodically to the sound of the passing wind. Grayson was sitting across from Luna with a sandwich in hand. Luna was sitting on the chair, her sandwich on the plate, half eaten; her mind was blank. Did she hear Grayson correctly?

"When I saw you again that night," Grayson began. "I realized that I was still interested in you, but I saw that you and Noah were seeing one another."

Luna just sat there, listening. 'Again?'

"Last night when Noah told me that you two are just friends, I was so relieved. I could finally pursue you without holding back."

Luna was baffled. 'Pursue me?'

"Wait," Luna cut in Grayson's 'confession'. "What do you mean 'again'?"

"Again?"

"You said when you saw me again. We've never met before."

"You probably didn't notice me that night. You were having so much fun with your sisters." Grayson smirked as if he was remembering something funny. "But I noticed you. You looked so beautiful in that dress with the flowers."

'Dress with flowers?'

"Your sister, Celeste, and her husband William hosted a party for the holidays last year

"Your sister, Celeste, and her husband William hosted a party for the holidays last year. Noah was invited and he dragged me along. It was a beautiful night." Grayson set the half eaten sandwich down on his plate and dusted the crumbs off his fingers, his eyes never leaving Luna's.

Luna just sat in the chair, astounded, listening to a confession from a seemingly perfect man; a man whom Luna did not believe would ever even notice her.

Grayson slowly reached his right hand across the tabletop to Luna's hand, which was resting beside her plate. Luna broke her eye contact with Grayson when she felt the warmth of his hand inching closer to hers. Her reflexes kicked in and Luna closed her hand into a loose fist, moving away from Grayson's hand. Grayson retracted his hand back to the side of his plate and made a fist before quickly releasing it.