Chapter 13

Grayson took his thumb out from his mouth after licking off the chocolate he had smudged off the corner of Luna's lip.

"I like chocolate," he said softly.

Luna broke from her frozen stance and used her free hand to wipe her mouth. Grayson picked up a piece of fruit from Luna's plate and popped it into his mouth.

Luna was dumbstruck. 'Is he hitting on me?' She thought, but quickly threw that idea out of her head. 'He's too perfect to be interested in someone so average like me,' finding herself a bit down.

Luna didn't see Noah for the majority of the night. She guessed that he was too busy keeping Sera company. 'They look good together,' Luna remember thinking when she caught a glimpse of them on the dance floor, swaying from side to side to a slow tempo.

"Would you do me the honor of dancing with me?" Grayson asked Luna. She was staring off into space and didn't catch the question.

"Huh?"

"Will you dance with me?" Grayson held out his right hand and gave a little bow.

"Oh. Um..." Luna didn't know what to do. She felt the piercing glares of the women around the room and could feel the heat in the room rising. A part of Luna wanted to dance with Grayson, but the other part was hesitant because she felt insecure about herself; Luna didn't think she is pretty enough to be standing next to such a handsome man.

Grayson was still waiting for Luna to take his hand. "Take my hand. People are staring," he said.

"Oh," Luna came back to her senses. She quickly curtsied and took Grayson's hand. Grayson pulled Luna up against his body. He placed her left hand on his right shoulder as he held on softly to her right hand with his left hand. He then placed his right hand down onto the left side of Luna's waist. She jumped from his touch. Grayson's hand softly laid back on on Luna's waist.

The next music started.

As everyone else around them started dancing, Grayson began to lead. As they danced, Luna stepped on Grayson's foot. "Oh my!" She gasped. Grayson flinched, but continued leading her. Honestly, Luna's dance skills are a little rusty. She hasn't danced much recently because no one ever asks her.

Luna was beginning to panic. Her mind became blank. She completely forgot how to dance. Grayson pulls her in, right up against his chest and whispered, "Relax."

Luna tried to relax. She took a couple deep breaths, which was helping. With Grayson leading them, he and Luna spun around the room. The women dancing with other men were glaring at them as they passed them by.

"Why me?" Luna didn't realize that she asked that out loud. It seemed that Grayson didn't hear her so she didn't repeat the question.

After the song ended, Luna broke from Grayson's hold and walked towards the refreshments table and grabbed a glass barely filled with water; she was feeling very hot and thirsty. Luna leaned her head back and poured the water down her throat in one gulp. She started coughing and frantically set the cup down. She covered her mouth and continued coughing. 'What did I just drink?'

"Are you okay?" Grayson and Noah said in unison as they both hurried to her side. Sera was right beside Noah. Noah handed Luna a cup with a clear liquid inside.