Chapter 24

Grayson lingered on in Luna's mind as she turned over to her side in bed. She took a deep breath.

"Go to sleep," she said to herself. Luna closed her eyes. The image of Grayson sitting across from her during their picnic date appeared behind Luna's closed eyes. She smiled. Her smile faded along with the image of Grayson. Luna was feeling conflicted about her actions towards Grayson.

'Why can't I just tell him I like him? There is nothing wrong with liking a person. And its not like its one sided. He says he like me too.' So many thoughts raced through her mind. Luna felt like she wouldn't be able to go to sleep. She sat up in the darkness and sighed. She reached over to the bedside table and picked up her phone. It was almost midnight.

"Luna?" A tired Angel answered her phone.

"Hi Angel. Sorry for calling so late."

"What is it?" Luna heard some rustling on Angel's side.

"I—I don't know what I should do."

"About what?" Angel yawned.

"I'm sorry. You must be so tired. We can talk about it tomorrow."

"No, no," Angel interrupted. "It's okay. I'm already up."

"Well... do you remember Grayson? He's a friend of Noah."

"Yes. You mentioned him during the night you met Noah."

"Grayson told me he likes me."

"What?!" Angel was wide awake now.

"I don't know what to do."

"Well, do you like him?" Luna didn't answer. "Luna?"

"Yes." Luna let it out with a deep breath. "I like Grayson, but I'm leaving in two weeks. I don't know what I should do. I've never been in a situation like this before. What should I do?"

"You like him. Do you want to be with him?" Luna took a couple seconds to really think about it.

"Yes. I do." Luna couldn't believe her answer. Before saying it out loud, Luna didn't even know if she wanted to be with Grayson or not. Now that she told someone, she realized that she does want to be with Grayson. Luna wanted to hold the warm hand that she rejected the other day; she wanted to fall into the warm embrace of Grayson's arms.

"Well, there you go. You want to be with him so tell him." Angel made it sound so easy.

"I—But I'm leaving in two weeks. I don't want to get into something and have to leave."

"Luna. If this Grayson really likes you like he says he does, then he can wait for you. It's not like you're going to be gone for a year; it's only going to be four months. And feelings change. If his feelings change by the time you get back, then its his loss. There are other men out there for you to choose from."

Luna giggled. "Thank you," Luna said. Angel was always letting Luna know that she is perfect just the way she is and it is the men's loss if they do not see how beautiful Luna is.

------------------------------------------------------

FLASHBACK

"Who is this beautiful lady here? I wouldn't be a gentleman if I let a beautiful woman walk into a party by herself. You're beautiful. I danced with the most beautiful girl in the room. You are the most beautiful girl here tonight. Why do you not see how beautiful you are?" Luna remembered all the times Grayson mentioned how he thought she is beautiful.

------------------------------------------------------

Luna realized what she should do.

"Thank you for this," Luna said to Angel. "Thank you for helping realize this."

"Any time, Luna."

"I will see you at the party?"

"I'll see you then. Good night."

"Good night."

Luna laid back down on her bed, feeling lighter than before. She knew what she had to do and was relieved. Her eyes slowly closed and she drifted of to sleep.

The man in white was hugging Luna from behind, the warmth from his body radiating. Luna felt so warm and happy as she looked out into the crashing waves. The wind softly blew past her. The man kissed the top of Luna's head. She closed her eyes and smiled.

'This is perfect,' Luna thought. She opened her eyes and slowly turned herself around to face this man. She was met with the man's chest, dressed in a white shirt. She smiled and tilted her head back to look at him.

Grayson looked down at Luna with a soft smile on his face. He leaned down and placed a kiss on Luna's forehead. She then tightened her arms around Grayson. She hugged him tightly, her head up against his chest.

"I love you," Luna whispered.