Chapter 25

It was a couple hours before the party for Luna started. Celeste was at her home, getting herself and the party ready. Luna was at her Angel's home getting ready. Luna wanted to look her best tonight. She wanted to look beautiful.

Luna walked through the front door of Celeste and William's home. She was dressed in a London blue, sparkling dress synched at the waist. The neck was a deep cut, with a nude panel to cover the slit. The loose sleeves fell softly over her shoulders and down above her elbows. As she walked in, the slit on the left side of the dress opened and exposed her right leg; her foot in a black high heeled shoe. Her hair was pulled up into a loose bun, exposing the nape of her neck. She felt eyes on her as she walked towards the center of the room where Celeste and William were.

William took his glass of champagne and tapped a knife on it. "Ladies and gentlemen," William said out loudly. Everyone stopped their chatting and turned to face the center. "Thank you all for joining us tonight." William gently placed his arm around Luna's shoulder. "The lady of the night just arrived." Luna shyly smiled at the crowd. "This beautiful lady here will be leaving us for a couple months to follow her dreams; this party is to celebrate her and her accomplishments!" William raised his glass up in the air and everyone cheered.

'I don't know the majority of the people here,' Luna thought to herself as she witnessed a roomful of strangers cheering in her name. After the announcement, Luna stood with her sister as strangers walked up to her and congratulated her.

'I wonder if they know what they're congratulating me for?'

"Congratulations, Luna." A familiar voice sounded from behind her. Luna turned around and saw Grayson.

"Hey Luna!" Out from behind Grayson appeared Sera and then Noah.

"Hi Sera! Hi Noah." Luna smiled and waved to them. She then slowly looked up to Grayson and said 'hello'.

"I hear that you're going abroad? How exciting!" Sera said. She walked up to Luna and gave her a hug.

"Uh thanks." Luna felt a bit uncomfortable with the hug. She didn't feel that they were close enough to be giving one another hugs. Sera pulled away.

"You're going to love it!" Sera said. "Trust me."

"I am excited for you," Noah said. He opened his arms. "May I?" Luna smiled and walked towards Noah and into his open arms.

"Thank you." Luna thought about how she was going to be leaving some newly made friends behind and she felt a bit sad.

Luna became aware of the music that was playing in the room. She felt like dancing, something she never feels. She glanced over at Grayson, who was conversing with William and Michael. Taking a deep breath in, Luna gathered up her courage and walked towards Grayson. When she reached him and her brother-in-laws, she stopped abruptly.

Feeling a bit shy with her brother-in-laws there, Luna whispered, "Grayson". Michael stopped talking and the three of them turned to face Luna.