Chapter 17

After Naia finally left, Luna decided to go out to the children's center and volunteer her time. She changed into something comfortable: a pair of black jeans and a loose baby pink t-shirt; Luna's wardrobe consists of jeans and t-shirts and the occasional dress for events.

Sean drove Luna to the children's center and parked outside to wait for her return. When Luna got inside, the children were just about to have supper. She put on a pair of gloves and began helping prepare the food for the children.

After the children ate, Luna was helping clean up when the supervisor of the children's center walked over to her. "Luna, would you like to look over our list of donations?"

Luna has previously asked to look over the donators list so she knows who to be grateful to. She is sincerely appreciative of all the donators because she loves the children here and they all deserve the best.

"Yes, I would love to!" Luna followed behind her supervisor into the office where she was handed a packet of papers. "Thank you." She took the packet of papers and looked through the list of organization names and personal names of the donators. As she was going down the list, a name caught her eye, "Diamond."

"Oh yes," Luna's supervisor said when he heard her murmur the name. "The Diamond's have been donating to the children's center for a couple years now. They are very generous."

"Oh."

After another hour with the children, Luna decided to head back home to get ready for the work party with her parents. She put on a black laced, short sleeved bodice with a long chiffon dress; she was feeling 'simple' today. When she made her way downstairs, she saw her parents by the front door.

 When she made her way downstairs, she saw her parents by the front door

"We will be taking you with us tonight," Mr. Rose said.

"Okay." Luna hadn't been in the same car with her parents in a while.

The car ride was quiet. Luna decided to break the awkward silence. "So, what is the party for again?"

"It is for the presidents and CEO's of the top enterprises to meet up and converse about business," Mrs. Rose answered.

"Oh," Luna sighed. "Sounds boring," she whispered.

"There will be others there who you can mingle and converse with," Mrs. Rose said. "Like I mentioned earlier today, you can use this time to find a potential partner. You can't be single forever."