Chapter 19

The familiar arm held onto Luna tightly. More alert now, Luna looked to see who saved her from the fall.

Grayson's left arm was once again wrapped around Luna's waist. Luna stared up at Grayson in a daze. She caught her breath and realized what happened. She gathered her composure and quickly freed herself from Grayson's grasp and got back onto her two feet.

"Are you okay?" Noah asked. Luna nodded quickly. She set the glass of wine on the table. She cleared her throat. "I think it's time I take you home," Noah said. He set his glass down on the table as well. Sera frowned.

"You're taking Luna home? What about me?"

Noah walked to Luna and held her by the arm to support her. "Grayson will take you home. Right, buddy?" Grayson nodded once.

"But Noah!" Sera whined.

"Sera," Grayson said sternly. "Let Noah take Luna home."

"Brother," Sera's whining was dying down.

"Sorry about that," Luna apologized. "Good night." Noah assisted Luna out of the ballroom and into his car.

"I apologize for Sera's behavior tonight," Noah said to Luna as he drove off. "She can be such a child sometimes."

"But you still like her," Luna said tiredly.

"What?"

"You like Seraphina." Luna yawned. She quickly covered her mouth, remembering her mother's words of 'being lady-like'. She scoffed.

"I like Sera like a sister," Noah said, denying Luna's words.

Luna laughed out loud. Noah glanced at her before looking at the road in front of him again. The night was slightly lit by the bright moon and its stars, twinkling in the dark sky. Luna stopped her laughing and stared over at Noah.

"You can tell me," she said in a serious tone.

"You're a funny one," Noah said, giving a low chuckle. "How did you even know?"

Luna cracked a smile. "It is so obvious! I don't think any person would allow someone to drag them around to do things with them, that is, if you're not related." She let out a giggle. Luna caught herself and realized what she had been saying to Noah.

Luna sat up straight in the seat and fixed the seatbelt across her chest. She cleared her throat. "I'm sorry, Noah. I didn't mean to say that."

"Oh no." Noah sighed. "You're right. I do like Sera, but not as a friend." They both became quite. Luna could hear the low noises of the car working and Noah's heavy breathing next to her.

Luna doesn't know what had gotten into her for her to talk about Sera and Noah. She barely knew them; Noah is a new friend. She shouldn't have acted so bold, but she couldn't help herself. The alcohol probably had something to do with it.

Noah pulled up to the front of Luna's house. Luna unbuckled her seatbelt. "G—"

"It's just that Grayson and I have been friends for so long," Noah said with a little weight in his voice. "I don't even know how to act around Sera."

"Have you talked to Grayson about it?"

"No. I don't know how to—if I should bring it up. I don't want to lose my best friend." Luna could hear the stress in his voice. She could only imagine how he had been feeling this entire time.

Luna plopped facedown on her bed after changing into her pajamas. 'I hope things work out favorably for Noah. He is a good person.' She closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Luna pulled the covers off and sat up in bed. She raised her right hand to shield her eyes from the blinding sunshine; the white curtains fluttering in the wind. 'Did I leave the window open last night?' Luna got out of bed and looked around the room in confusion. She didn't recognize the bedroom. A little flustered, she quickly walked to the bedroom door and opened it.

On the other side of the door was a hallway of white walls, leading to a living area. She slowly walked through the hallway and recognized the room she was presented with. The room had white walls and white furniture. Luna found herself facing an open sliding door looking out to the ocean. She looked around and to her left was a big open window. The white curtains of the window danced in the wind. She looked down at herself and noticed that she was wearing wearing a white dress, something she didn't go to bed in.

Luna was presented with a hallway of white walls leading to a another room. She slowly walked through the hallway and recognized the room she was presented with. The room had white walls and white furniture. Luna found herself facing an open sliding door looking out to the ocean. She looked around and to her left was a big open window. The white curtains of the window danced in the wind. She looked down at herself and noticed that she was wearing wearing a white dress, something she didn't go to bed in. Her long dark hair was flowing in the wind. As she stood there, a man dressed in all white walked up from behind her. His familiar arms circle around her waist and his left cheek gently touched her right cheek. She was taken by surprise, but felt warm and happy. As he embraced her, Luna gently placed her hands over his and looked out into the crashing waves. Luna smiled peacefully as she felt the happiest she has ever felt.

------------------------------------------------------

***Hi! It feels so nice to be back and writing again! I hope you are enjoying the story.

Please feel free to vote and comment and hank you for the love and support of "He Loves Me".***