Chapter 18

"It's a beautiful night," Grayson said. Luna looked down from the sky and towards Grayson.

"Yes," Luna agreed. "It is."

They walked further away from the mansion and came upon a bench. Luna's feet were beginning to hurt from the high heels so she decided to sit down and rest them for a minute. Grayson followed and sat down next to her.

"Noah told me about the relationship between you two," Grayson said, breaking the silence.

"Huh?"

"About you two becoming friends. I was glad to hear that."

'Glad to hear that Noah and I are friends?'

"I was worried, because Noah is my closest friend."

"Worried about what?" Luna was starting to not understand what Grayson was saying.

"Worried that you and Noah were a couple."

"Oh. We were never a couple. We only went on a couple dates."

"I know. I'm glad."

A cool breeze blew by, making Luna shudder. Grayson took off his jacket and placed it over her shoulders. She looked over at Grayson, who stared at her with his dark eyes. Luna was starting to feel uncomfortable again. She wanted to go back inside. "Thank you," Luna said as she got up. "But I'm okay." She started to take the jacket off. Grayson's hands grasped onto the lapels of his jacket, preventing Luna to slip off the jacket.

"It's cold." Grayson's dark eyes continued to stare into Luna's.

"I think we should go back in," Luna said in hopes to escape the uncomfortable situation. She pulled away from Grayson and turned around to leave.

"Do you remember what happened that night?"

Luna stopped. 'What night?' She thought about it. 'Oh, that night.' Luna's memory was jogged and she remembered her and Grayson's faces being so close together, their noses touching. Luna didn't say anything. What could she say?

"Why do you not see how beautiful you are?" Grayson asked with his deep voice. His words took Luna by surprise.

"What?" She thought she misheard him. Luna turned around to face Grayson.

"I can help remind you what happened that night if you can't seem to remember it." Grayson took a step towards Luna. She froze.

"What do you mean?"

Grayson took another step forward and wrapped his left arm around Luna's waist. She gasped.