CHAPTER 14

Dharani's POV:

The wedding took place in a simple way. No grand valor, not a huge number of guests, everything was simple, neat and perfect except for Arjun. He wasn't happy, not because of the wedding but because his training was out of place. He had to cancel training two days ago because of my birthday and then had to cancel training again because of our wedding. He made it clear to the trainees that the training will start again tomorrow and told them not to have any expectations of holidays much to their disappointment. Mom and Dad were happy about the wedding. Dev was really excited to stay with us in the wooden house. Acharya as usual remained isolated. As for Arjun's parents, his father was the most excited person. He was more excited than the groom while his mother was happy too except for the fact that she never talked much. All she told us was to take care of each other.

After the wedding, my parents left for Mitra and we started our way to our new home along with Acharya and Dev. Dev had to stay with us cause Acharya decided to stay with us and Dev is currently being trained under Acharya. King Indra wanted us to stay back in Anjan for a couple of days but Arjun was stubborn. He didn't want to miss another day of training. After a tiring journey, we reached the empty land or as the name is decided, the kingdom of 'Minjan'.

We got into our cozy wooden house. The soldiers were really tired and immediately went into the tents set up for them outside the house. Our wooden house had five rooms with attached bathrooms, one for each of us and the fifth room is for guests. We also had a hall, a war room, a recreation room, a dining hall, and a library. The kitchen is located beside our house and had two rooms for the chefs. Despite being made for a temporary stay, this house is no less than a mini-masterpiece. We chose our rooms and unpacked our luggage.

Arjun was desperate to start training from the evening itself but I convinced him otherwise. I told him that the trainees wouldn't like it and that he cannot take his word back.

Later that night:

I spent the entire evening playing with my assistants who are also my best friends. It was 10:00 in the night by the time I reached my room and as I opened the door I saw two men trying to open my cupboard, thieves probably.

"Excuse me. Who are you?" I asked and they turned back with a kitchen knife in their hand. They looked nervous and they didn't properly plan for the theft. They were looking for things inside the mini shelf while it is common knowledge that anything valuable would be placed in the locked cupboard.

"Stand back," they said trying to be demanding but they seriously weren't. They were like kids with poor acting skills participating in role plays.

 "Stop it," I said politely, "This is your first theft I suppose. Just don't do it. Go back and meet me tomorrow morning. I'll help you get a job."

"Stay back," they said as they loosely pointed the knife towards. Seriously guys? That's just a kitchen knife. Neither am I close enough for you to attack directly nor are you skilled enough to throw it at me with accuracy. Even in the rare situation that you do have the skills, I was trained to escape. I took the paperweight beside me and threw it, aiming at the hand of the man holding the knife. It knocked the knife from his hand and the knife fell a few feet away. He was too dumbstruck to go back and pick it up, so he stayed still. he wasn't expecting this. So wasn't his partner.

"You are seriously are not good at doing this, " I said.

"How about opening a coaching center and teaching them the art of stealing, " I heard a voice from behind and I recognized it. Arjun!

"When did you come?" I asked surprised.

"At the beginning of this very important meeting," he replied sarcastically, "thought I shouldn't interrupt. So I stayed back. Do you want me to get any sweets, any special dishes for our wonderful guests? I am sure you would do that had I not interrupted you?"

"Arjun, I just thought it might be their first time and that they might deserve to get a chance."

"This is not our first time," one of the thieves shouted. He got back his knife in the meanwhile. I clasped my hand on my forehead. Seriously? A kitchen knife again? Dude, do you even understand what you are doing? If I could knock out the knife from your hand once, I could definitely do it again. I have a ton of things right beside me that I could throw and then there is Arjun who might kill you the very next minute. I decided to take action before Arjun does anything else. I threw a random object again knocking his knife down and pulled Arjun's sword, which was in his hand from the very beginning. Before they could react, I walked towards them and put the sword aiming towards their necks. We guided them to the guest room and locked them in there temporarily.

"Please let us go. Who are you?" they shouted from inside.

"You should have by now known buddy," Arjun replied, "She is the epitome of kindness, princess Dharani and I am the epitome of evil, Prince Arjun and fear not. You are not going to stay here forever. We will soon shift you to a not so nice and cozy prison. Good night."

(Hey guys, Thank you for making it till here. Please vote and comment. So the next chapter will be published on 11 November 2018. So stay tuned. Thank you. Love you all.)