CHAPTER 38

Arjun's POV:

We spent around a week creating new policies that would solve the current problems in Minjan. It wasn't smooth though, we had our fair share of arguments. However, I felt that this time Dharani is more open to my opinion. She never stopped arguing or putting her point, but the thing is she was more patient and cool while reasoning with her argument. We also took inputs from Deepak, Priya, Swetha, amma, Chutki and from our conversation with Manoj uncle which went pretty bad. Manoj uncle openly admitted that he hates us and he still doesn't believe that we don't have a hand in the officer exploiting him.  We tried our best to explain but it was of no use. We finally gave up. So after spending a week, we came up with some pretty good ideas. Here are they:

1. Complain boxes shall be placed at every nook and corner of the kingdom. Citizens can complain about anyone including princess Dharani, prince Arjun or Acharya.

2. A meeting will be held every weekend beside the temple. Both Princess Dharani and prince Arjun will attend the meeting. Anyone who needs help can approach them without fear.

3. Any citizen can visit the palace by booking an prior appointment. In case of emergency, an appointment is not required.

4. Any officer demanding bribe will be arrested immediately.

5. No citizen shall pay any money without seeing proper orders. A receipt shall be given after payment.

6. All citizens shall receive a booklet containing a list of their rights and a list of rules.

7. All children can have a free tour of the palace every weekend.

The next three months went pretty fast. We worked on implementing these policies. King Indra asked us to visit Mitra whenever possible and father asked us to visit Anjan but honestly, we didn't have a chance to visit either of the kingdoms. We were busy with our own kingdom. Every weekend kids used to visit our palace and Dharani made sure that I was with them. This is to ensure that no one fears me. Initially, I refused telling that I might as well spend that time on something else but Dharani was so stubborn.  Honestly speaking though, I loved spending time with kids. They are all so innocent and Chutki never missed a visit. However, my mind always wished that none of them would grow up to be a criminal. So I did the best I could to prevent that. I used to take short seminars of kids telling them that their favorite Arjun uncle would not think twice before sending them to jail. Dharani would interfere and then tell the panicking kids that only wrong people go to jail. She would explain to them about what is good and what is bad and tell them that good kids will not do bad things. We also made it a point to have lunch with the kids whenever they are in the palace. They always loved the royal lunch. Who wouldn't?

Apart from the kids, I also grew close with Deepak and Priya. It was as if the four of us along with Dev are an inseparable gang. We always hung out together. Deepak and Priya got their own room in the palace. So we even hung out till night discussing official stuff. Deepak took a promise from me that I would visit his house in Mitra when I go there to which I happily agreed. 

The training of soldiers was also done, so I ended up spending almost 18 hours a day with Dharani. Sometimes the rest were also present while sometimes it was just the two of us. We ate together, practiced together and worked together. We ended up becoming great friends. Of course, we fought every day but we were still friends. We grew close enough to walk into each other's room without permission and to scold and make fun of each other. However, we still hadn't confessed our love. I mean I always loved her and I knew she had feelings for me but they were never official. Tomorrow we are going to Mitra and I will propose her there. Wish me all the best.

(Hey guys, thank you for making it till here. So the next chapter will be published on 1 January 2019. So stay tuned. Thank you. Love you all.)