CHAPTER 48

Arjun's POV:

After a long emotional reunion, I went to free Deepak. I removed his handcuffs and told him he is free to go. He looked confused.

"Sir what about Mom, Priya, and Tinku?" he asked.

"You can take Priya with you," I said, "Your mom will be out in a couple of months and Tinku is going to leave for Anjan."

"Tinku is not going to Anjan sir," Deepak said, "He has nothing to with my father. He is adopted. If at all you want to take revenge on my dad, you vent it out on me. I am ready to bear it but no...not my brother."

His words touched my heart. He probably misunderstood what I said but his reaction is priceless. It only reminded me how good of a brother he is for Tinku. I patted his shoulder, made him sit down and narrated the whole story. I also told him that Tinku now has two brothers and I will make sure Tinku would visit Minjan during the weekends to spend time with his brothers.

After talking to Deepak I came out and searched for Dharani. I wanted to apologize to her. I searched in Tinku's room. She was not there. She was not even in her room. I went to Priya's room just in case and there she was sitting all angry while Priya consoled her.

Priya stood up the moment she saw me and asked me if I would release Deepak. I told her that he is in the guest room and that she could go meet him. With tears in her eyes, she was about to run when I called her again.

"I...I am sorry Priya for what all you and Deepak have been through," I said. "I had to do it because..."

"I am really happy for you, sir," Priya interrupted me, "I know how hard it might be for you to lose your brother. It's okay. Don't think so much. Go talk to the princess."

I smiled at her and she smiled back after which she ran to meet her husband and I went to meet my wife.

"I am sorry," I said. She didn't even turn back. I sat beside her, turned her face towards me and told her sorry again.

"What exactly did you shout at me a while ago?" she asked angrily gazing at me.

"I said I am sorry," I tried convincing her, "Anyway, you are being really rude you know. Today is my birthday and you literally arrested me and mentally tortured me. Is this something anyone would do to their husband on his birthday?"

"Right," Dharani said sarcastically as she crossed her arms. I suddenly remembered what I did to her on her birthday. Karma just came back. I have no right to complain.

"Okay fine I..."

"What's going on here kids?" my mother interrupted me.

I didn't speak anything. Dharani remained silent too. I think mom understood what's going on. So she just smiled and didn't delve deep.

"I've got a present for you, Dharani," she said.

"For me?" Dharani asked surprised.

My mom nodded and pulled out a letter sort of thing. I immediately recognized what it is.

"Mom no don't..." I tried stopping her.

"This is my possession, Arjun" my mom interrupted me. "You don't get to tell me what to do with it. You threw it away. and I kept it safe"

Looking at my face Dharani immediately opened the letter. She loves torturing me.

The letter was written by a kid and it's contents are as follows.

"good, kind, brave, innocent and she should not beat anyone"

Who wrote this Dharani asked as a smile erupted on her face.

"A ten-year-old kid," my mom replied, "who grew up to be a ruthless prince."

"Arjun?" Dharani asked shocked. Wow, how quickly are these women associating me with being ruthless.

"Yes," mom smiled, "We have this tradition in Anjan where a guy writes the qualities he wishes to see in his future wife on a piece of paper when he turns 18. Arjun didn't take part in this tradition when he grew up but he did write something for fun when he was 10 years old. The same ritual was taking part for one of his cousins and Arjun thought he needs to write down as well. This was all before the tragedy happened."

Dharani smiled looking at me and I looked away not knowing what expression should I exactly have on my face. That letter is literally the explanation of why I loved her in the first place. She had all the qualities I once expected from my wife and now she literally knew everything.

"Do you have any such ritual dear," mom asked Dharani.

"Not exactly," Dharani smiled. Meanwhile, Tinku couldn't get enough of mom and came to call her and Dharani went behind her not giving me any chance to speak and I secretly followed her to her room.

(Hey guys, thank you for making it till here. Please vote and comment. Also, the next chapter will be published on 25 January 2018. So stay tuned. Thank you. Love you all.)