CHAPTER 23

The next day:

Dharani's POV:

The training was going on and Arjun came and sat beside me.

"How is everything going?" I asked.

"Great so far," he replied, "Is Priya okay?"

"yes," I nodded. Meanwhile, Dev came from nowhere.

"Hello everyone," he said as he made light dance moves.

"Dev beta stop doing that," Arjun said politely, "This is a training ground."  I don't know why Arjun is so much attached towards Dev. Dev is probably the only person after me with whom he maintains his cool. I mean yeah, he is polite with everyone unless they do something that would piss him off but with me and Dev he maintains his cool even after we do something we are not supposed to do.

"Sorry," Dev said as he paused and walked towards us with dignity.

"You don't have classes today Dev?" I asked. Dev shook his hand three times.

"Acharya went somewhere," he said in a playful voice.

"That's great Dev. You could probably rest for a day," Arjun said.

What? Really? Arjun? Rest? This is definitely a dream.

"or you could choose to practice and make yourself the best. You deserve to only be the best. " Arjun continued.

Yeah right. My bad. Don't ever think of it Dharani. Arjun and rest never come together.

"Maybe you are right," Dev said after a brief thought, "How about I join this training session of yours. It would be fun."

"No Dev don't," was my spontaneous reaction.

Arjun looked at me with a 'why you do this?' look.

"I don't mind training him Dharani, " he said.

"but I do," I opposed. 

"Why?" he asked again.

"I don't want Dev to fear you and you cannot deny the fact that you are quite aggressive during training," I said.

"Well, true...." Arjun said after a slight pause, "and being partial towards Dev would be against my morals."

"Exactly," I said.

"Maybe I could just watch the training, " Dev said with a slight hope. He really wanted to be here and I am damn sure he would regret his decision.

"Sure," Arjun said and Dev came and sat beside me proudly looking around and tapping his feet with excitement.

"You could leave any time, you know," I whispered to him.

"Why would I? Acharya is also very strict. Just chill okay," he said with an attitude. However, it didn't last long. Arjun tried to control himself for a while but a few moments later Dev regretted his decision when Arjun went back to being a demanding teacher. He wasn't shouting or punishing or doing anything. He was just being demanding like always, but that's indicates something worse. People are so conscious of him getting angry that they dare annoy him.

"I've never seen Arjun like this," Dev said, "I regret my choice. It is hard to see someone you love being angry."

"Now you know how I feel every day," I said but regretted immediately.  Thankfully Dev didn't pay much attention and declared that he will just leave and go for practicing.

During lunchtime:

It's lunchtime and that means two things. One Deepak would be released and two I might get to spend time with Arjun. Deepak was released and Priya went and hugged him. Deepak apologized to her and they hugged again. They looked so cute. I wish I could hug Arjun like that. 

"I think they need some private time," Arjun said.

"Absolutely," I added and we asked Deepak and Priya to have their sweet time. However, deep down both of us knew that it wasn't them but us who wanted to spend time together.

"So, we have almost one hour. What do you think we should do?" Arjun asked me.

I shrugged. "Maybe talk and take a walk in the garden," I said and he agreed.

We took a small walk and started talking as we walked in the garden.

"Dev left the moment you got aggressive," I said trying to control my laughter.

"Good," Arjun smiled back, "He wouldn't be fearing me. That would be the worst thing. I am fed up of people fearing me."

What? I thought he liked people fearing him.

"They wouldn't fear you if you were a bit lenient," I said.

"Well," Arjun signed, "nothing comes for free. If I had to fulfill my responsibility of punishing the guilty, I should not be lenient. People fearing me is the price I pay for fulfilling my  mission."

"Do you have any specific reason for being like this?" I asked. I am damn sure he has one.

"I don't want to go there," he said, "It's not like I want to hide it or something but sympathy is not the first feeling I want from you."

"What is the first feeling that you want then?" I asked casually.

"Lov.." he paused and corrected himself, "How does it matter? You already had your first impression. You hate me and I am your enemy."

"It was you who always says I am your enemy. I never said that." I opposed.

"Then whom am I to you?" he asked looking into my eyes.

"My....you...are my...husband," I said. God. What did I just say? I felt like the world went upside down.

"It took you 48 hours to answer the question I asked during the sword fight?" he said as his face lit with happiness. He was still looking into my eyes."Anyway thanks for the answer."

"Listen it wasn't like...."

"Wow," he interrupted me as he looked towards the rose plants he gifted me, "Look a new rose has blossomed." 

I was thankful that he interrupted me. At least we got something that would divert us from the current topic. I looked at it and indeed there was a new red rose on one of the rose plants. The first plant he gifted to me to be precise. Maybe mother nature is showing her support for our love.

(Hey guys, thank you so much for making it till here and sorry for the late update. I promised 28 but due to exams, I had to postpone it. This would be the first and last time you get a late update. Kindly show your support by voting and commenting. Also, the next chapter will be updated on 2 December 2018. Thank you. Love you all.)