CHAPTER 43

Arjun's POV:

Dharani went inside the interrogation room where Deepak's mother is already present. I was outside. I didn't go with her because I knew I would kill Deepak's mother had I been there. Fortunately, I could hear everything and the conversation began.

"A few questions, aunty and please I need honest answers," Dharani started. She was being too polite.

"Why should I answer you?" Deepak's mother said rudely.

 How dare she talk to my wife like that? I was about to go in but Dev held me tight.

"Relax Arjun. Let Dharani deal with her," he said.

"Because I believe you care for Deepak if not for anyone else and it is important that you answer me in order for your family to get out of this mess," Dharani answered her. "Now it's your turn. Are you aware that your husband was a spy and do you know anything about Arjun's younger brother?"

"You should stop listening to your husband," Deepak's mother said, "You need to..."

Dharani had it enough. "Only a selected few have been given the right to advise me on what I should be doing aunty," she said sternly though her voice was still calm, "and you are not one of them." 

That's my girl.

Deepak's mother rolled her eyes and simultaneously realized that she better stop messing around.

"You knew your husband was a spy," Dharani stated, "You knew Anjan police were looking for him and his family. So you migrated to Mitra. Am I right?" she asked.

Deepak's mom nodded.

"Where is he right now?" Dharani questioned again.

"I don't know," she replied looking down. It was obvious that she was lying. Dharani sighed.

"Alright. Do you know anything about the child that your husband had kidnapped?" Dharani asked again.

"All I knew was that he was a spy. There is nothing else that I know about him," she said.

"Then how the hell do you know when to escape. Who told you that Anjan police were looking for you?" Dharani asked this time slightly frustrated at her obvious lies. Honestly, I was surprised she was still talking to her. 

"I...I got a letter from him," she replied.

"You are lying," Dharani said looking straight into her eyes.

"I...I...am not," she replied. She wasn't frustrated like Deepak confirming the fact that she was lying also making me kind of wonder that maybe Deepak was telling the truth and he had no idea about his father. But again, they are all criminals and no one could predict who is right.

Dharani stood up, ordered the female guards to take her back to the prison and came outside.

"She is lying and it's obvious," she said.

"You should have been more demanding," I said.

"I wanted to," Dharani signed, "in fact, I wanted to show Deepak to her. So that she would know her son is suffering because of her and would then tell the truth but on second thought I felt it would be really mean and thought we could resort to that as a final option.let us try talking to Priya and Tinku. Maybe they would know something."

I was about to call the soldiers and ask them to bring TInku and Priya but Dharani stopped me.

"Tinku is still 14," she said, "I think we should just ignore this interrogation setting and all. We should try talking to him like a friend. Maybe he would tell us something if he isn't threatened."

I was reluctant at first. Priya and Tinku are already getting special treatment. They were not sent to prison and were instead house arrested and now this. However, on second thought, Dharani does have a point. So I agreed to her and we went to meet Tinku.

"Why were we arrested? Is Deepak fine?" Tinku asked casually and I am kind of surprised at how calm he is. I mean yes, he is 14 and I don't expect him to cry and all but this level of calmness isn't expected either. Another thing that surprised me is that he asked about Deepak but didn't give a damn about his mother.

"Well we were looking for someone and he is last seen with your dad," Dharani answered, "So we are actually trying to find your dad so that we could find the person we are looking for."

"But mom said dad is dead?" Tinku questioned.

"We don't believe your mom," I replied rather bluntly.

"You shouldn't," Tinku said surprising us again, "She lied to me about so many things."

"Like?" Dharani asked.

"Like she says she loves me and Deepak equally but she loves Deepak more," Tinku replied. 

Oh well, typical teenage mindset. Even Dev sometimes says Dharani is loved more than him I was expecting some sort of clue and I was disappointed.

"I hope you find Dad soon though," he added, "I've never seen him till now. Will you let me meet him if you find him?" 

For god sake, we are not here to unite their family and this guy for some reason annoyed me. On the plus side though, Tinku is the only person in the family that I genuinely felt is honest, not even Priya and Deepak, and if I met him in any other situation I would be really impressed by his attitude and honesty. He is one of a kind, a crazy kind.

"Go back to your room," I ordered him.

"Don't worry you will find your brother," he said as he smiled still standing there, "And trust me even if everyone escapes I am going to stay. This palace is too comfortable to leave."

I was taken aback not sure whether I should react to his strange sense of humor. I also kind of experienced how Dharani might have felt when I demonstrated my sense of humor at the wrong time. 

"Go to your room," I said again and Tinku walked back to his room shrugging his shoulders.

(Hey, guys thank you for making it till here. Please vote and comment. So the next chapter will be published on 15 January 2018. SO stay tuned. Thank you. Love you all.)