CHAPTER 45

Arjun's POV:

We took Deepak and his mother to the interrogation room. I could feel his mother die a little when she saw her son like that. Honestly, I wouldn't have done what I did if I had any other choice because somewhere deep down I started trusting Deepak ironically after I started hitting him and feeling guilty about it. Anyway keeping my madness aside I started talking. I didn't want to talk to that lady so I talked to Deepak instead.

"Ask your mother to tell the truth about Rahul, else you know me," I said loud and clear enough for her to hear. Deepak had a glance at me and turned towards his mother.

"Ma please tell them if you know anything," he said.

"I..I.do...don't know," she stuttered and my blood boiled. Dharani held my hand and Deepak noticed it.

"Ma please," he pleaded, "Why are you trying to protect him. He never did anything for us and now look Priya and Tinku who had nothing to do with all this crap are arrested as well. Please."

Deepak then had a brief glance at me and then continued.

"I know Arjun. He is the kind of person who will do anything for justice and now it's the matter of his family. Please confess what all you know before our family gets into trouble."

She remained silent and I pulled out my sword and moved towards her. This time I was serious. This woman doesn't deserve to live. She doesn't even care for his son. However, Dharani who was well prepared stopped me and pulled the sword from my hand. Though it wasn't intended, my gesture scared her and she began to tell the truth.

"The last I met him was three years ago. I don't know what happened after that."

"Tell everything," Dharani demanded.

"He personally told me to leave for Mitra," she said. "He used to come and meet me sometimes but he never revealed anything about where he stays. All I know is that he is working for some other king in a far off land. Deepak doesn't know all this. He is innocent. Leave him."

"Do you know anything about the kid he had kidnapped," Dharani asked, "He was kidnapped before you migrated to Mitra. The baby was two years old then. Should be around 14 now. Did he tell you anything about that."

She shook her head. "Honestly I didn't even know he had kidnapped someone until you told me. He never spoke about that. All he said was to keep the painting and the children safe."

"What about my brother then?" I asked banging my fist on the table as tears rolled down my eyes. 

This was our only hope at finding Deepak. 

The women looked at me terrified. "I swear I don't know," she said with a shaky voice. I had it enough. I wanted to kill all of them. The entire family. If not for anything else Rahul would come to see his dead family. I tried getting my sword back from Dharani but she was spontaneous enough to not let me do that. Not willing to waste my time arguing with her, I went out to get another sword but she came behind me and stopped me and took me into her room instead.

"Control yourself Arjun. What are you doing?" she asked grabbing my hand.

"I'll kill them all of them. That woman, Deepak , Tinku every single one of them," I said trying to free my hand.

"Arjun, Rahul is our enemy. Not his family," Dharani said still holding my hand.

"And my father was Rahul's enemy, not us," I said as my heart was filled with sorrow, "What has my brother done to him? What have I done to him? and my mom, she didn't even see him," I said as I had an emotional outburst.

"Arjun please," Dharani said as her eyes were filled with tears, "Calm down. Rahul is a criminal and you are a prince who would always fight for justice. There should be a difference right?" she said as if she was speaking to a kid.

"I don't want to be a prince. I just want to kill..."

"Arjun we have a clue," Dharani interrupted me, "The painting. Rahul is so cautious about the painting. I am sure the painting might have something, some clue."

"I drew the painting," I opposed.

"But you gave it to him. I am sure he has done something to it."

"I don't want to have any hopes. I just want to...," I said.

"Let me try then," Dharani said, "Let me work on it. Till then please don't do anything stupid. If not for me, for your brother. Remember we need Rahul's family alive in case we find something."

"I cannot promise you any such thing," I said rudely though the rudeness was unintended.

"I am sorry," Dharani said and I realized that this sorry was strange. Similar to the sorry she told me before stamping on my feet before marriage.

"What are you.."

She just pushed me onto the bed and locked the room before I realized what had happened and as fate would have it this is Dharani's room. So there are no swords or arrows. Basically, there was nothing that I could use to get out of the room or hurt myself. You got me again Dharani. 

(Okay I understand some of you might be frustrated that Arjun is not finding his brother but please don't get angry. Arjun will find his brother in the next chapter which will be published on 19 January 2018. So stay tuned and as always please vote and comment. Thank you. Love you all.)