CHAPTER 35

Happy birthday Shivikalover2333

Thank you for supporting me. This chapter is my humble gift for you.

Dharani's POV:

We tried talking to Manoj uncle but his wife stopped us. She said that he was really disturbed and that they would come to meet us in the palace tomorrow. Thankfully though she had no problem with Chutki accompanying us. She said that they would pick her up when they will visit us the next day and we started our journey back to the palace. 

The palace was magnificently built. Heck, the construction was supervised by Acharya, of course, it would be great. The first person who came to me running was Priya. She immediately hugged me and was literally crying and apologizing continuously.

"Calm down Priya. It wasn't as bad as you think. In fact, we had the best days of our life," I said trying to convince her.

"You are just being kind," Priya opposed.

"I agree with her, Priya," Arjun interrupted, "It was indeed good and you know right, I would never just be kind" Priya seemed convinced.

"Welcome back Dharani. Welcome back sir," Deepak greeted us and what happened next shocked me. Arjun hugged Deepak and told him that he missed him. He also told Deepak that he would prefer being called Arjun or bhai (brother) rather than sir. Priya looked at me confused. Arjun noticed it.

"Sir somehow started seeming too formal," he said, "All these days people called me by my virtual name and it just felt more pleasant. The rule applies to you too, Priya."

Priya smiled and nodded. I asked Priya about Swetha and about that child who was kidnapped. Thankfully the child was rescued and Swetha is all good now except that she was worried about me. It was at this time that Priya's attention shifted to Chutki. I mean Chutki was there all the while but Priya was just too emotional to notice.

"Who is this pretty little girl?" she asked.

"My name is Chutki,"  Chutki answered.

"She is our little neighbor and is here to see the palace," I added.

"And my dad and my uncle. They are in Mitra prison," Chutki continued and Priya's smile lightly disappeared. It was then that I realized that this is not the weekend and if Arjun was still the same he wouldn't allow Chutki to meet her dad. If he didn't allow something to happen a week ago, why would he allow it to happen now? They would have shifted them to Minjan prison as it is now fully built. So technically I wouldn't even have any solo power on the decision. This time I not going to listen to him though. Chutki will meet her father at any cost. Priya was wise enough to understand the situation.

"First we will see the palace, okay, starting with the garden," she said turning towards Chutki. "Dharani I will take care of her. You go inside and meet Dev."

"I miss him a lot. In fact, I've started missing everybody Ma, papa, Acharya everyone," I said.

"Both of your families are inside Dharani. They are waiting for you," Deepak interrupted. Priya signed.

"It was supposed to be a surprise though," Deepak hesitantly added, "I am sorry."

"It's okay Deepak," Arjun smiled and we went in. Deepak joined Priya and they started exploring the garden with Chutki.

We entered the palace and there they are. My family and Arjun's family. We immediately ran towards our respective families and hugged our parents and took their blessings. Dev stood in the middle slightly annoyed that none of us approached him first. We eventually hugged him and told him that he is equally important after which we went to our respective in-laws and took their blessings. My mother was really surprised that we looked healthy. She was worried that since there wouldn't be anyone to take care of us we would lose weight and all but after seeing us she was pleasantly surprised. We told them about amma, Chutki and Manoj uncle. Acharya was missing though. Dev told us that he went somewhere and would be back by tomorrow evening. He assured us that Acharya is not at all angry with is and that everything is fine.

After a long discussion, we went to our respective rooms and Priya came to my room along with Chutki.

"Can I see dad now?" Chutki asked me. By now I've finished my enquires and realized that my guess was correct. They are in Minjan prison. I nodded and took her out and Arjun was there outside my room.

"Arjun don't stop me now," I said sternly, "We've unintentionally done a lot of damage to Manoj uncle's family. Not anymore. Chutki will meet her dad."

Arjun didn't utter a word. What he did do though was to make way for us. I didn't know what it meant but I took it as a yes. I took Chutki to the prison all the while controlling my deepest desires to meet Swetha. I got my assurance that she is doing well and I didn't see any reason to break the rule now. 

I talked to the soldiers and arranged for a meeting in the interrogation room. I asked them not to handcuff any one of them as it would be really awkward for Chutki to see them like that.

I took Chutki in and the first thing she did was to run towards her dad, while he showered her with kisses followed by her uncle. It was really one of the most beautiful moments I've ever seen. In fact, it was so emotional that I could sense Priya wiping her tears.

For a moment everything seemed like a dream. Especially the fact that Arjun broke his principles for the first time. Maybe he is changing. Maybe this one week made him realize that his principles might make people fear him so much that, officers might start misusing his name and nobody would dare inform him. Maybe he is a whole new person now. Maybe...

(Hey everyone, thank you for making it till here. Please vote and comment. Also, the next chapter will be published on 26 December 2018. So stay tuned. Thank you. Love you all.)

Happy birthday once again Shivikalover2333