CHAPTER 42

Arjun's POV:

Dharani is confused or if I were to put it in a better way reluctant to accept the fact that Deepak is a traitor. However, I am not. I am pretty sure Deepak knows where his father is. He is helping his father hide and maybe is also working to take revenge on me. At the moment though, all I am concerned is about the whereabouts of my brother. I did not tell my parents about my findings and insisted Dharani's family to help me hide this. As much as I would like to share this news with mother, I don't want to break her heart again. I hope not but there is a chance that Dev is not alive anymore and if it is the case I would rather hide the truth and let my mother stay hopeful. So we reached Minjan and the first thing I did was to drag Deepak into the interrogation room and ask the rest to leave. The only people left in the room were me, Dharani, and Deepak.

Deepak didn't make any attempt to escape. Why would he when he knows I am going to kill him the moment he attempts an escape.

"Sir, what do you want from me?" he asked in the most innocent voice ever but I am not going to buy it this time. I've trusted his father and had paid my price for that.

"Your father. Where is he and where is my brother?" I asked.

"Your..brother..sir..you have a ...broth.."

"Don't lie to me, dammit," I shouted at him frustrated at the way he is portraying himself to be innocent. Tears rolled down my eyes as I remembered the pain my mother had been going through all these days. Dharani held my shaking hand tight and I looked at her.

"He is acting," I said as I shed more tears.

"Let me try," she said as she lightly pulled me aside and walked in front of Deepak.

"Deepak listen," she said as if she was talking to a kid. I hated how calm she is. Deepak doesn't deserve such respect but who knows. Maybe it would work.

"Priya is pregnant. She is waiting for you and I think all of us would agree on the point that whatever is happening should end soon, " Dharani said.

"Priya is pregnant," Deepak asked as tears flowed down his cheeks. He is acting all surprised. Dharani nodded confirming Deepak that his wife is pregnant.

"So please answer me, Deepak. What is the real name of your father?"

"Sunil," Deepak replied and I've had it enough. I just moved forward and slapped him hard. Hard enough for blood to come out of his mouth. "Don't lie," I warned him.

"I am not lying," Deepak shouted out of frustration, "His name is Sunil." I was about to slap him once again but Dharani stopped me.

"Alright. Whatever his name is," Dharani said, "Where is he right now?"

"He passed away," Deepak lied again and this time I was unstoppable. I hit him again.

"He didn't die. Stop lying. You wouldn't have the painting in your house if he died 14 years ago as claimed by your mother. You better tell the truth before I kill you,"  I shouted at him.

"The painting was the last thing we had of him," Deepak said, "He died days after giving us the painting. He gave it to us when we were in Luna."

"Luna?" Dharani asked as she moved forward, "You were in Luna before? Was your dad with you then?"

"He used to come and go," Deepak said. Finally, he is telling the truth.

"Do you know anything about his job? What does he do for a living?"

Deepak shook his head. "He never told me but he was always busy," Deepak said.

"Why did you migrate to Mitra?" she asked again.

"I don't know," Deepak replied, "Mom said we had to migrate and we migrated."

"You didn't ask for the reason?" I asked suspiciously.

Deepak shook his head already exhausted due to the intensive interrogation. His eyes slowly shutting down. I tried waking him up but Dharani told me he needs medical assistance in order for him to stay alive for the next interrogation session.

"Don't worry, Arjun. We would definitely find Deepak," Dharani said as we walked out.

"I hope so. My mom should not suffer anymore," I said as I clenched my fists harder, "Deepak's mom sure knows about Rahul. Can you go ask her? I will kill her if I go."

"Sure," Dharani assured me. "You just relax and keep calm till Deepak gains consciousness again."

I nodded and Dharani went to talk to Deepak's mother. 

"How is Priya by the way?" I asked and I swear it was involuntary. I don't want to care for her but part of me did. Maybe it was because there were moments where I genuinely considered Priya as a sister and my mind still cannot get over it.

"I haven't met her yet," Dharani replied, "Didn't have the courage to. I doubt if she is fine."

I felt sorry for her but I have to stay strong. Justice comes first, not emotions.

(Hey, guys thank you for making it till here. Please vote and comment. Also, the next chapter will be published on 13 January 2018. S0 stay tuned. Thank you. Love you all.)