CHAPTER 33

Arjun's POV:

It wasn't hard for Dharani to get the answer from Chutki, but what's harder was for us to digest it. "I want to ask princess Dharani to get my dad and uncle out of jail. Grandpa told me that they are in Mitra prison and that Prince Arjun and Princess Dharani got them arrested," was what she said.

So apparently it turns out that the thieves whom we arrested while we were in the wooden house were Manoj uncle's sons. Call me rude but I was eagerly waiting for Chutki to leave so that Dharani and I could vent our feelings out. After playing for a while Chutki left and Dharani was the first to talk.

"That explains why Manoj uncle hates us," she said.

"But we arrested them for a reason; they are thieves," I opposed.

"For him, they are his sons," Dharani interrupted me and technically she was right. Every parent in the world would feel their kids are right. We took our time to digest the fact and went back to practice after ensuring that we are calm enough.

Day 6:

"One more day to go," I told myself the moment I woke up. Amma told me that Sonu will be here by today evening and I have no plans of avoiding him. There is no way I could avoid him anyway, all I could do was to make sure that he meets Dharani first as she would be able to peacefully signal him to keep quiet before he reveals everything. The weather today was brilliant and I looked around for Dharani. She was nowhere to be found. Maybe she left for a walk, I thought to myself as I got ready and went out to join her. 

I found her in front of Manoj uncle's house, talking with some low-level officer.

"I think it is ridiculous," she said, "I've never heard of any rule that would require them to pay you money."

Whom? What money? What is she up to early in the morning and why didn't she wake me up if anything is serious?

"What is it?" I asked as I walked towards her.

"He is telling that since Manoj uncle's sons are imprisoned, they will have to pay one third of their income as fine every month."

"What the hell? We've never.....made...I mean heard of any such rule. You are a liar," I told him as I moved forward with aggression. Dharani pulled me back.

"Don't you dare talk to an officer like that. This is prince Arjun's order," the officer warned me and that was the last thing I am willing to hear from him. Dharani let go of my hand shocked at how openly he lied and I jumped on him and start hitting me. Manoj uncle and Dharani tried to stop me and the next thing I remember was a couple of officers forcefully arresting me and taking me away. I looked at Dharani before leaving expecting her to cry for me but all she had was this 'have some self-control man' look.

Dharani's POV:

One word for Arjun- he is mad. What was the need to do all this when we could use the third official paper to issue orders and sort things out in a better way? Anyway, I don't have time for all this. So I just took out the third paper and filled it with orders suspending the officer, and asking him to return all the money back and apologize to Manoj uncle and of course release Arun. In the end, I put the three signatures. It's time for Arjun to appreciate my forgery skills. I decided to wait until afternoon so that it looks as if I actually got the orders from the palace.

As I folded the paper amma came running to me.

"Arun was arrested. Rani, what do we do now? Even Sonu is not here to help," she said with tears in her eyes. I didn't have the heart to lie to her. 

"Relax amma," I said showing her the document I just made, "See here is a statement that demands the immediate release of Arun."

She was confused. "What? How come so fast...the signatures and all..."

"I made them amma," I said.

"But Rani...what if they found out that this is all fake? You will be in trouble as well."

"They won't amma," I assured her, "They aren't smart enough for that. We will go in the afternoon and act all confident and they cannot find it since these signatures look similar to the original ones. Okay?"

Amma nodded. I lied to her. All officials are trained to identify fake signatures but this is the only way out.

In the afternoon:

All the orders were followed and Arjun was released much to amma's dismay. Thankfully Arjun didn't harm anyone else. We reached home and got our privacy as amma left to prepare dinner for Sonu.

"Did you know that this time what you did was true forgery?" was the first question Arjun asked me. He was polite but was the conversation was serious.

"Oh really," I replied pissed off at his attitude, "Go file a case then. I will argue on behalf of myself."

"You will not be able to win cause I didn't ask you to put my signature this time," he warned.

"How could you when you as Arjun don't exist at the moment," I argued, "and when you don't exist, your signature doesn't exist. What exactly is forgery then and in case you are wondering the moment Arjun comes into existence Rani and Arun are not going to exist. Whom will you file a case against."

"Such clever exploitation of loopholes," Arjun said with a sign, "I got a criminal lawyer instead of a wife."

"And  I got a police officer instead of a husband," I continued.

"Why do you want to save them though?" he asked again.

"Why would I save them? I saved you," I replied.

"How?" he asked again.

"You would have lost your cool by the evening and would have revealed your identity. A normal person's story would have ended there, but you being Arjun would have walked straight to the palace and demand Acharya to send you to jail or somewhere else for revealing your identity. I saved you Mr. Hellworker, not them."

Arjun was speechless and I made a smile of victory. However, one thing is for sure. I am not going to save the officer. He deserves to be punished.

(Hey guys, thank you for making it till here. Please vote and comment. So the next chapter will be published on 22 December 2018. So stay tuned. Thank you. Love you all.)