CHAPTER 20

Dharani's POV:

I woke up with a fresh mind. I lost my fear of dogs. So from today, Arjun wouldn't take me anywhere. I kind of feel sad. I don't know why. I miss holding his hand tight and hiding behind his back. Stop it Dharani. Why should you miss it? I cleared my mind and left for the training grounds. The first half of training went pretty well and then we had a one hour break and Arjun approached me. Why is Arjun approaching me? What does he have to do with me?

"Let's go," he said excitedly pulling his sword out.

"Where?" I asked.

"For a sword fight," he said. What exactly does he think of himself? He just comes and says let's go have a sword fight and I'll accept it.

"I am not interested," I said.

"It doesn't matter you need to come," he said.

"I won't," I said.

"Well then I'll have to meet someone and tell them something," he said. I grew suspicious.

"Meet whom and tell what?" I asked.

"Meet Acharya and tell him that his great student has successfully trespassed into my room late at night and I also have evidence for it. A half-burnt candle."

"Shh..." I said signaling him to lower his voice, "You are blackmailing me?"

"That's very clever of you," he said smiling.

"This is unfair," I protested.

"Just one match," he said, "and I'll forget everything."

In the practice room (Dharani's POV):

This fight is so boring. This is literally going to take forever. Neither am I willing to give up nor will Arjun ever give up. We even had an audience. Priya,  Deepak, Sheela, Sapna, and the other ladies were all watching us. So were some of the soldiers. Arjun had a brief glance at the audience in the middle of the fight. Deepak had a chalk in his hand desperately waiting for one of us to win so that he could write the score.

"Looks like your friends wanted me to win more than you," he said and I turned to look towards them. Most of the girls except for Priya were looking at Arjun. What the hell? Do they all have a crush on him? Stop it, girls. He is my man.

Arjun made use of this opportunity and tried to knock me down. Thankfully I held tight.

"Woah? Never expected you to get diverted that easily," Arjun said as we continued fighting.

"I heard two of them talking about your looks last night. They said you were handsome," I said. Now it was Arjun's turn to get diverted and I made full use of this opportunity but Arjun wasn't an easy target.

"So even Arjun could get diverted by girls," I asked sheepishly.

"Not girls, girl," Arjun said as he continued fighting, "A girl came into my room last night and now I know the reason why."

God, what have I done?  Arjun lifted his sword again and I moved back pushing my back against the pillar. He raised his sword again and I defended him stopped him using my sword. However, since we had nowhere to go we were standing so close to each other. Close enough for us to hear each other's heartbeat.

"Did you enter my room to have a look at me?" he asked moving a bit closer.

I remained silent.

"Too bad you don't know how to lie," he said, "You did come to see me, didn't you?"

"Yes, I did," I said pushing his sword back and started fighting again.

"Why?" he asked, "Were you being possessive?"

"Why would I be possessive?"

"Cause I am your husband," he said.

The world suddenly started to change. We weren't concentrating on the fight anymore. The fight was just an excuse. We were actually concentrating more on talking. Telling each other words that we would never tell otherwise.  

"I wasn't being possessive," I said.

"Why didn't you say I don't consider you my husband? Does that mean you consider me your husband?"

"Well, that's what the world thinks. The world thinks you are my husband."

"Why are you not answering my question, Dharani? Do you consider me your husband?"

I had no answer. Thankfully the break bell rang bringing us into the real world. That's when we both realized how stupid we were. We literally talked things we never wanted to and how the hell did we fight for an hour. We quickly retreated and I walked back.

(Hey guys. Thank you for making it till here. Hope you liked it. Please vote and comment. Also, the next chapter will be published on 23 November 2018. So stay tuned. Thank you. Love you all)