Chapter 29 : Now

I know I usually do authors notes at the end of a chapter but I wanted to do this a little differently this time.

First off I wanted to thank everyone who has made it this far because I know my writing needs work and I know that I'm not creating the best story out there, and I know that I've probably missed the mark at certain parts in this book. But the thing is this is my first story but it won't be my last and all the feedback that people have given me has allowed me to make it this far. I honestly am crying as I write this so PLEASE if you could take away one thing from this story let it be this: no matter your age, your life situation, your problems, your pain, there is happiness waiting out there for you. There will be a time where you can finally say "it was worth it" so don't give up, don't quit, and don't stop.

If anyone is ever in need of a good example of believing in yourself think on Onalee and all that she has been through. Even though it is fiction I find that some of the most inspiring things come from creativity and the imagination of an author.

So as this story wraps up keep this in mind and hopefully I will have you all reading my new book I've been working on soon!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rhysands point of view:

Her breaths are shallow and even. Steady but strong.

I watch her. She is so peaceful when she sleeps. Her blonde hair is fanned out around her head like a crown fit for a queen. My queen.

When I found her almost passed out in the woods I had thought of the worst possible scenario. I was beyond worried, I was frantic. I scooped her up as soon as soon as I had shifted into my human form and cradled her in my arms as I ran to the pack doctor. I briefly glanced around at the many dead body scattered around the clearing. They were bloody and broken corpses. Ash was huddled under a tree and when I looked at her she just nodded at me. The new wolf who went by the name of Blue, was cowering away from me. I gave him a stern look and let a small growl escape my lips. As much as I wanted to drag that boy along with me to make sure he didn't cause more trouble I didn't have the time or energy to do so. I shook my head and focused on Onalee. I could ask questions later.

She was still fragile in her wolf form and just as vulnerable. The proctor in me came out stronger then usual. My wolf was growling orders in my head, taking control of my body.

As much as I wanted to stay with Ash and deal with the new wolf, Onalee was my first priority. She was my hope, my future.

By the time I arrived at the pack compound I received word of my patrol arriving to take care of Ash. Immediately a weight was lifted off my chest but I still had to make sure my mate was okay. I jogged into the compound and shoved open each door with my shoulder, pushing my way through until I made it to the top floor medical wing. My heart was thundering in my chest, my wolf was practically ready to tear through my skin. I shouted down the empty hall.

"Help! I need a stretcher!"

My voice felt pathetic, useless.

I didn't know what to do. And then a mob of my best pack doctors came rushing towards me with a stretcher and medical equipment that made me want to gag. They took her from my arms and hooked her up to many different machines. What ever was is the tubes that pierced her delicate coat of fur made her shift back into her human form. Normally I would have taken advantage of getting to see a glimpse of my mates bare skin, it made my stomach role at the thought of her cold, lifeless body. The head doctor looked at me and said something that I couldn't comprehend. My mind wouldn't register anything at the moment. Suddenly they started to roll her away from me down the hall.