Childhood (5.19)

PoV- Third Person

Ever since the poisonous berry incident, the boys were in wariness of Ren's surroundings therefore alert of her whereabout and movements. They were schooling Renessme, in order to avoid repeat of this, by giving her a quick basic survival 101 class.

After over shattering her head, with more than necessary survival information, half of which she couldn't truly comprehend. One had to check if their tiny human was paying the lessons any attention.

"You good?" Inquired Titus, his words dripping in suspicion.

She gives him her million dollar smile.

Raising an eyebrow, dreading what her response would be, "Not that I don't believe you, or undermine your ability to understand rather fast. Could you just maybe tell me what plants are you to not touch again?"

Faking a thought, "The one that's green and has leaves"

"West! Aren't you a genius? You've just managed to zero down the whole darn fores..."

Rolling her eyes, "It's The Virginia Creeper and Poison Ivy, that are most prominent in this hiking strip."

Attrius shakes his head looking over at his brother, "Tell him the reason as well, he won't be satisfied until then."

Walking up to Titus, she holds his hand, "we can get itchy rashes all over my body, so we all should avoid it."

Ceaser laughs observing Titus,"He thinks you got lucky with that. I can see them both nearby, Point to where they are for him"

She looks around for a few seconds, and then point at two plants that happen to be in very different directions.

Mason, pats her back, "that would be correct."

"Good girl" purrs Titus.

Two minutes later, "Guys, How do you know about all this?"

Jason looks into her confused eyes, "We've been taught all this since we were kids Es, remember the lessons with Wilhem and William?"

"Why?" Not entirely sure of how this was relevant for them to study.

Scratching his chin, Mason is quick to respond, "We're live surrounded by the forest, it just made sense. Knowledge is power they say."

"I live where you live, why wasn't I taught all this?" she shot back at him, it came out harsher than she had meant to.

Reaching for her cheek, Attrius brushes his knuckles over,"Because you have us, Es."

Not even a second later Renesmme shots back, "One day I might not"

Pinching her nose, "True, but only if we cease to exist"

Rubbing her nose profusely, "I've been in the forest around our home. None of these plants that you speak of are in there."

"Hmm.. because they aren't." Stats Ceaser calmly.

"But didn't you say that they naturally grown all over the Island, Mason" she loves over at Mason in order to get a clearer picture.

Shrugging his shoulder, "Yes, but we had gotten them all uprooted or cut." He said like it was the only logical thing to do.

"Wha...Why?" Not entirely understanding as to why that would be thought to be the best solution.