Chapter 4

This chapter is for ViviYapi for being this story's first commenter and voter! In hopes your fever gets better!

****

The awakening ceremony finally begins!

So, according to my brother the reason we are holding the ceremony this year was due to the fact that we are the oldest eight year olds for the royals in all the East Clans. This also mean brother is gonna go first, since he's seven minutes older than me. Confusing right?

My brother will be going first, then me, then panda girl also known as the heroine, then the dragon capture target. After that all the nobles will go then the commoners. Everyone will be watching the royals (there is only four) then will split up into groups, going ten at a time... so the ceremony is not gonna last for who knows how long.

"Prince Taiyo Kimura of the Fox Clan!" One of the awakening guy in golden robes called in his booming voice, brother stood up.

"Good luck, onii-san!" I called to him, he smiled gently at me, then confidently and elegantly walked towards the magic circle. In this world the only magic that needed to be chant or needed a magic circle was the awakening magic, really only royals and some nobles had shape-shifting, very rarely would a commoner have shape-shifting, meaning it'll be much more painful for them during the awakening ceremony, since shape-shifting was technically the rearrangement of the bones. However mother and father said that after the awakening ceremony it will not hurt at all! So you can shape-shift at will!

"Ready?" The golden robed person asked. Brother nodded, 10 people then circled the magic circle. Holding out their hands they started to chant.

The tongue they spoke in was weird. Period. It sounded like baby language....

Is that really the great mighty chant for awakening your powers?

Lame.

That's all I can say.

The magic circle started glowing, light circled my brother, then he started screaming, it was a scream that froze your blood. I shivered.

"Mommy! Is onii-san alright!" I cried.

"Hush, baby, he's fine..." she hugged me into her bosom. Dude this is not a smart move yo, now I don't wanna do it. I don't wanna go through with the ceremony.

Then he stopped screaming, looking over I watched in awe as brother's tail and ears disappeared, his complete human form. Then slowly his tail and ear reappeared and his body shifted, nose stretched out and the body's form completely changed. Soon a flaming red fox stood there, silver markings on his, and a strange crown like mark on his forehead, the royal symbol of the fox clan.

Then he again shifted back to his half human half fox form.

Brother opened his eyes, and in the depths of his black orbs, a golden light twinkled. A flickering flame. "Whoa...." I unconsciously let out.

"Fire and lightning!" I heard a golden robed person yell. Claps and cheers rung out the halls, I ran towards brother.

"Onii-san! You're okay!" Hugging him, I cried in relief. I always liked the fact that I'm super small, reaching my brother's chest even though I'm only 7 minutes younger than him.

"Of course I am! You should trust your onii-san more!" I felt a pat on my head.

"Princess Yukino Kimura, of the Fox Clan! Please make your way up." I heard the same voice call. I shivered. My doom is coming!

I don't wanna! I don't like pain! Screw you! I hate this world! I knew god hated me, but I never knew it was to this extent!

"Calm down Yuki." I heard my brother say. "It'll be okay" he gently pushed me towards the magic circle and the group of men that talked alien language.

I unsteadily walked over, fear inched in my body.

You'll be fine, you'll be fine, I chanted in my head, trying to stop the shaking of my legs. I stopped before the magic circle. Closing my eyes I took a deep breath. You'll be okay! I opened them once again, my legs stopped shaking, and I felt this calming feeling in my chest. The golden robed person smiled at me. I stepped into the magic circle and closed my eyes again.

The ten people started their alien chant while I felt my body heat up slowly and gradually. The voices got louder and then suddenly this painful feeling of having my limbs stretch and pulled made me scream. It was agonizing.

"Yuki-chan!" I could faintly hear my family calling. It hurts... it really really hurts...

Screw you god! I hate this! This isn't a circle of magic! It's a flipping circle of pain!

You know what? It's really sunny outside. No rain, no clouds.

Trying to lessen the pain I thought of pleasantries.

But it didn't work, pain, pain, pain was all I could feel. A strong icy fist into my stomach, nope not hot, it's cold, so cold that it's hot. Limbs frozen, I felt numb, the pain slowly faded.

Am I in my human form? I was slightly excited. It doesn't feel painful anymore! I felt my bones again rearranging themselves, this time it wasn't painful at all. When the bones stopped moving, I realized I could hear and smell better. Again my bones rearranged themselves. Back into my human-fox form.

I opened my eyes feeling refreshed.

"Ice and wind!" I heard the same booming voice call.

Ice and wind? I was ecstatic! Hahahahaha the pain made the magic feel worth it! The magic circle dimmed, and brother, mother, and father ran up to me.

"Yuki-chan you scared me up there!" My brother said while mother and father scanned me over.

"Onii-San you should trust your sister more!" I said, throwing his words back at him. Brother laughed and patted my head.

Soon the other two royals went, both screamed, even the panda princess (aka the reincarnated heroine). Her panda form was seriously cute! The dragon though, looked scary... after that the commoners and nobles went up, some screaming from the noble, barely any from commoners since they didn't shape-shift.

Panda Princess has light, dark, plant, and enchantment. While Dragon Prince has dark and earth.

The awakening ceremony soon ended and people left. I had fallen asleep soon after my ceremony, since the pain had sucked all my energy away, leaving only drowsiness and exhaustion behind. Brother had carried me back to my room.

Little author comment: mwahahaha I feel so proud of myself! Thank you readers all soooooooooooooooooo much! I love ya all!