Chapter 20

Yukino stared at the two men in the center of the arena mouth slightly opened as she took in the sight that dumbfounded her and Sakura. Slightly tapping Sakura on the shoulders she leaned in and whispered, "Aren't they the people from the opening ceremony?"

Sakura's head whipped towards Yukino, "You saw that?" Sweat trickled down Yukino's back. 

Busted.

"I may or may not have overheard the conversation."

"Uh-huh, you mean you may have spied on the conversation."

".....sure...."

"Yuki, what are you talking about?" Taiyo asked his twin when he realized that Yuki and Sakura weren't even paying attention to the trial, he was kind of reassured with this thinking that the two have no interest in the men and he wasn't going to be losing his twin the a guy.

"Ahhh, we were talking about lunch." Yukino said, replying on instinct without thinking it through, thankfully Taiyo didn't pry further, after all Yukino was usually always munching on something. 

In fact he is probably going to lose Yuki to food! At this thought Taiyo gave a wary and exasperated smile.

"So you know this guy?" Souta asked quickly coming up to Yuki and Sakura.

"What's up with people eavesdropping on conversation, private if I may add."

Souta rolled his eyes at Sakura, "Tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, please? Pretty please? With sugar on top? Pu-leseeeeeeeeeeee?"

Sakura slapped her hand on his mouth, "I swear, one more word out of you and you are going to have a very hard time the next few days, remember that time?" Souta visibly shivered and gave a quick nod. "Good." Sakura gave a satisfied smile and turn back to the arena, only to find the two men still looking over.

"Okay, this is getting kinda creepy..." Yukino said, following Sakura's line of sight. As if the two men heard them, they gave a smirk. "Yeah, really creepy..." 

The other members of Class S were staring at the two.

"These guys, their powers I can't measure it..." Kaito said to himself.

"Neither can I." LiRong added. Haruka looked at them with the same lazy smile but his eyes were brewing up a storm. Hideaki looked on with a thoughtful look before he smiled. The others just looked on, face calm and blank.

After the talking all finished the announcer announced the trial. They will each be taking on a rank 6 beast. With the announcement came an uproar. 

"Are you insane? A rank 6?"

"What a shame, two handsome men dying in front of my eyes." 

"This is crazy."

"Oh god, please don't let them die."

"They totally deserve it." A man said after hearing the remarks of the beauties by him making his shake with jealousy. The females around him turned at him and started to verbally abuse the poor man. Before they were frightened silly at the roar of the two rank 6 beast.

The students of the lower class shrieked in fear, while those of higher class shrunk back. The students of Class S actually leaned in, as if amazed by the sight.

Two beasts, one pale blue the other green and white. Both a snake with wings. 

"What is that?" Yuki asked to no one in particular.

"Winged snake." Taiyo answered. (Note: I know it's lame, really lame, really uncreative but my brain is dead.)

"Usually they're ranked 3." LiRong pipped in.

"Didn't the announcer say it was a rank 6?" Yukino was thoroughly confused.

"Beasts ranks can increase." Taiyo started explaining. "A rank 3 can become a rank 4, usually they only rank up once in their life." Yukino nodded as she looked back onto the two snakes.

"But they doubled their ranks."

"It's rarely ever happens."

"But there's two of them."

"Yeah, I can see."

"..." Yukino looked at the two men. Hair dark as ink and eyes more golden than the purest of gold. How come every time she looks at him something inside her churns. Why the heck does that happen? She furrowed her brows eyes whirling with mixed emotions before it all disappeared, returning it to a state of sleepiness. Nevertheless her eyes glowed crimson.

This all happened within a second before she snapped out of her dazed state so she didn't miss any part of the fight. Correction, slaughter.

The two snakes great teamwork. Combining the ice and wind, making a blizzard that headed straight towards where the two stood, yet they still... well... stood. There's a freaking blizzard coming your way and your just standing there?! Are you insane?! These thoughts filled the minds of the onlookers.

Some females shrieked again while covering their eyes. All the while Yukino wondered if their throats ever hurt from all the yelling they've done. Apparently not.

The two men stood, hands in pocket looking like gangsters as they watched the oncoming storm with a smirk. They then simultaneously took a hand out of a pocket and snapped their fingers.

Yukino cringed, but the thing that happened next didn't allow her to look away. The storm just dissolved. And the snakes, those poor snakes let out a hiss as they were cut in half.

Everyone's mouth fell open Class S was no exception. Well besides Yukino, Souta, and Sakura. Sakura and Souta have seen much stronger. And Yukino just somehow didn't feel awed. As if she has seen this scene plenty before. 

The crowd though after the silence bursted into an applause. Rattling the whole island the school was on.

***********

Readers: What happened to weekly updates?

Me: uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it kinda went down the drain........

Hey to my defense I was binge watching the Marvels... and working. Don't kill me!!! I'm so sorry... TT

Btw, did anyone else have any problems logging into Wattpad last week? I write my chapters with my iPad and since it's a school iPad we aren't allowed to get any apps beside the ones they allow (And Wattpad is not one of those apps they allow) so I always use the internet, but it kept saying that I have the wrong username/password and I know I didn't have the wrong password/username.....

Anyways I hope you enjoyed the chapter!