Chapter 18

Life sucks. I thought I could have gotten away with not running the you know, 500 laps! Turned out I was wrong. Really wrong.

You see at night when I was I bed an arrow came out of nowhere and got itself implanted into my headboard. Tied onto the arrow was a piece of paper. 

What did it say?

Well, have a guess.

Did you guess?

Cause it said, 

Please run your 500 laps, otherwise the next arrow is going through your head.

In other words I am going to die. Just because I didn't run the laps.

LiRong, Sakura, LiMei, and ChanJuan came rushing in.

"We heard a thud, thought you fell out of bed." Sakura said, laughter lacing her words and brightening her eyes. I decided not to comment and just gave her a blank stare, clearly stating that I was in a really bad mood.

"Are you alright?" LiRong asked, moving in and taking the arrow that was stuck in my headboard out.

"Just peachy." I muttered. LiRong gave me a look and shook her head. 

"So what was it about?"

"My laps." The girls bursted into laughter at my answer.

"I warned you that you should probably run your laps, now look you should've just ran your laps this afternoon instead of lazing around."

"You knew this was gonna happen?" 

"I had an idea of what was going to happen." LiRong said with a shrug. Taking the paper out of my hand and reading it.

"I wanna sleep..."

"And an arrow through your head apparently." ChanJuan said.

"I rather not have an arrow through my head."

"Then run."

"Noooooooooooooooooo.." I said, plopping  back onto my bed, only to be pulled right back up by Sakura. She then literally dragged me to the track area. I gave a betrayed look. "I thought you were my friend."

"I thought you were a sensible person."

"Well a sensible person won't be going out dead in the night to run 500 laps!" 

"And would be scared of having an arrow through her head."

"..." since when did Sakura have such a sharp tongue?

"You brought her." I heard a very annoying and familiar voice say.

Haruka Sato. What a pain! 

"Yeah.... they dragged me here." I said annoyance bubbling up in me, "Why is everyone in class s here?"

"The president told us to come out to watch." Brother said, nevertheless the sentence was meet with another blank stare. 

"You're kidding me, right?"

"Sorry, Yuki. I'm not." I glared at the president but he only smirked at me.

"Well start running."

"Do I really have to?" I said, full of reluctance.

"Should I change it to 600 laps?"

"How about 6?"

"Alright it's 600 laps."

"Yuki, you're just digging yourself a pit." Souta said.

"You mean a grave." I answered and set off running.

The night passed, there was no sound besides the rustling of the leaves in the gentle breeze and the soft breaths of Yukino's. The calm dark night soon melted into the warm colors of dawn, of a new day, a new beginning and on the tracks, laid several teens wrapped in the warm embrace of the Goddess of Sleep's arms. Giving a sight of peace and harmony....

"Achoo!" Yukino sneezed a very loud sneeze, waking the others up. She rubbed her eyes and looked around. The people just started waking up so their actions were still clumsy. She looked over at them and a light flashed through her eyes while her lips curved into an evil smirk. She quickly took out some paper and drew something on them, making them become real and had her bats, who were always around, carry them right next to everyone ears, with two bats positioned. Yukino flicked her hand  the two bats went into action. One drove a needle into the balloon and the other was holding. With a huge POP! sound water exploded into everyone's face, making them jolt awake. The bats quickly flew away and hid while Yukino was on the ground, laughing to her heart's content.

Feeling the glares she quickly contained her laughter and pretending to be innocent she said, "I thought maybe everyone needed a wake-up call." 

Glares are still coming her way. She shrugged, she did them a favor and they're glaring at her? Where's the logic in that?

————————- in the hallways——————————-

"Did you hear, one of the greatest buildings in the West collapsed?"

"It was burnt wasn't it?"

"Yeah, I think so." 

————————-in the classroom—————————-

"As you all might have heard," the teacher, Liang WangShu started, "the great church Notre Dame of the French State has collapsed."

"How?" Someone asked. (I totally forgot the names....)

"From celestial fire."

"Celestial fire?"

"Celestial is a.... name. Only divine beings can produce a celestial element. Similarly only a celestial element can get rid of another celestial element, meaning only someone or something with the element of celestial water could have gotten rid of the fire."

"Oh."

And just like that we fell into the topic of the continents.

The East is apparently as strong as the South, also having a several god's tribe. The Greek Gods and the Norse Gods. The continent is similar to Europe in my past life. They also have the Elf Tribe, Vampire Kingdom, Mermaid Seas and several more well known tribes.

The North is the most desolated continent, not much is known besides the abundant amount of precious magic crystals and the 20 million year old spring, said to hold great amounts of magical powers.

And that ended the school day, with several homework assigned and a lazy procrastinator who suddenly woke up in the middle of the night remembering she didn't do her homework. Another sleepless night, even though it was so quiet, so many creatures were up, prowling, hunting, watching, and regretting.

And once again the quiet night melted away to the loud and warm rays of day.

**********

I AM SO SORRY!!!!!!! 

I had several huge tests, then there was Easter and then binge watching the Avengers and then there's the annoying brother's birthday and then work and then projects and then, and then I'm having a mental breakdown......

I will make sure to update next week!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!