Chapter 23

The tournament was coming up and Class S is in a dilemma.

"Who should we bring?" LiRong asked, looking at the president, Haruka Sato. The man's cold eyes scanned the group in front.

"Me, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, and you." He said, pointing to each one as he said a 'you'.

Well, you dont know who the 'yous' are so here, I'll tell you.

So the 'me" was obviously him, Haruka Sato.

The first you was LiRong, who just shook her head in amusement at the lazy president. Probably the only one that can get away from it.

The second was Hideaki Ito, who didn't acknowledge him at all, and Haruka was obviously pissed, but since the teacher was in the room he didn't do anything.... yet.

The third you was Kaito Kondo who simply nodded his head and went back to his book. Though he was reading it upside down with a goofy smile.

The fourth was LiMei with an elegant nod she earned a satisfied smile from her sister LiRong.

The fifth was ChanJuan she really didnt do anything, but her uncle gave her a proud smile, in which she totally ignored.

The sixth was my bro, Taiyo, he looked really shocked but then gave a bow in thanks.

The seventh was Sakura, she had simply raised an eyebrow, questioning his decision.

The eighth is Souta. And yeah.... he wasnt paying attention at all.

The last... well that's me. I'm also in need to do some talking.

"Me?" I asked pointing to myself while looking behind me to see if there was anyone there. When I saw no one I looked back at the student council president, thinking that he has finally gone nuts. "Are you sure?"

Haruka frowned, "What? You too scared to go."

"Too lazy- I mean to inexperienced!" I hurriedly tried to cover up my first excuse, but yeah.. they all heard it. I gave a sheepish smile at their raised eyebrows. "How about Seito!" I said, throwing him into the fire, without hesitation. "He's awesome, he's cool, he's strong!"

"And inexperienced." Seito said. Backing away and giving me a playful wink. I gave him my puppy dog eyes but he looked away and started whistling. I childishly stuck my out at him, and then a great idea suddenly popped into my mind. Twirling away, my eyes landed on Bai Ku and Long Yu.

"Them! They were really strong! You saw the trial! They're amazing!" This will be the first and last time I will ever complement them. This however made Haruka frown in annoyance.

Thankfully, before he started roasting me teacher finally stepped in. "Seito will take Yukino's place. Yukino, Bai Ku, and Long Yu will be back-ups. And Yukino, for chickening out, you will be the person to give the speech at the start of the tournament. Don't try protesting otherwise once we come back the consequences won't be nice." He waved his hand and mist started forming. Showing my mother.

I paled. This is blackmail! Begrudgingly I nodded with huge reluctance. I need to speak in front of thousands of people! That's so nerve wracking. Shedding unshed tears of grieve I looked out the window with my head turned against, fully acting as a spoiled child. But I guess I was one. Several people chuckled at me actions and i simply puffed my cheeks out. Not realizing that I looked like a chipmunk. A very adorably angry chipmunk.

School ended like that and soon it was time to sleep. A dreaded time for me, for the past couple of days I've had nightmares that caused me to wake up in the middle of the night screaming. The first time it happened was a couple weeks ago. My scream caused LiRong, LiMei, ChanJuan, and Sakura to run in in panic.

When I just said it was a nightmare LiRong, LiMei, and ChanJuan sighed in relief. Sakura however had a very conflicting expression on her face.

I've also noticed that Sakura and Souta seemed to be acting strangely, I haven't asked them what was bothering them but nevertheless they seem a bit, jumpy.

Somehow I feel as if my nightmares and their strange behavior has done kind of connection.

Though I would only remember fragments of my nightmares. I can clearly feel the fear that radiated off them.

The screams.

The wails.

The pleads for mercy.

Black soulless eyes on a black gooey body.

Now, sleeping has become a fear. Something I would dread. Still, I would fall asleep, despite all my fear. My tiredness pulled me into sleep.

Calm yet not.

Dark. Run. Scream. Help.

***********

Its getting dark!!!!

Dont worry it's still catergized as humor so naturally I'll add humor!

Enjoy!!

1/3 chapters this week. ^^