Chapter 12

Curiosity

"Hey, have you seen HaeSoo?" Jimin asked as his eyes looked around the hallway.

"Uh, I don't think she comes to school this early," Hoseok responded as he placed his bag into his locker. "Why did you even make me come to school earlier than usual? I'm super tired and it's Monday morning, Jimin"

"I wanted to talk to HaeSoo."

"Why? What did you do this time." Hoseok sighed as he stared at his friend looking around the hallways.

Jimin turned his head from left to right and then signalled Hoseok to come closer. He then lifted his hand up to his lips and curved it sideways as he began to whisper. "I went to her house Saturday and there was this lady, I think her mom, who came home later. HaeSoo and I ended up hiding in the closet and-"

"YOU GUYS WERE TOGETHER IN A CLOSET!?" Hoseok yelled as Jimin quickly placed both his hands on Hoseok's lips to shut him up.

"SHHHHH!" Jimin shushed him as he pulled his hands away and began to speak again. "Yes, we were in a closet but that's nothing right now. We heard the woman speak and I heard her say something about a murder."

Hoseok looked at Jimin surprised. "You heard her talk about murder?" He repeated. "What did she say?" Curiosity began to take over Hoseok's mind as well as Jimin's.

"Do you think maybe HaeSoo could be involved in a murder and that she isn't speaking because that lady threatened her? That lady probably isn't even her mother! Maybe that's why she's treating HaeSoo badly!" Jimin felt a slight hit the back of his head making him groan. "Ow!"

"Jimin, that's stupid. Do you really think HaeSoo would be involved in a murder?" Hoseok sighed and massaged his temples as he looked at Jimin. "She probably isn't involved in it, someone she knows was murdered."

"Oooooh, Hyung. You seem to know a lot about this. Are you..." Jimin inspected Hoseok while the nervous boy stood there letting his friend stare at him weirdly. "Are you stalking her?" Jimin began to laugh while Hoseok sighed and walked away.

°°°

The first period was soon to be finished and Jimin began to ask himself why HaeSoo still wasn't here yet. He turned around to stare at HaeSoo's empty seat and sighed beginning to feel lonely.

"Okay, we're done for today. The bell for the break will ring soon, so please remain seated until then." The teacher instructed as he grabbed his books and walked out of the room.

The students, completely ignoring the teacher's instructions about the bell, all either took their phones out or walked around to talk to others. Jimin turned around once again and just stared at the table where HaeSoo would be sitting at if she was here.

"Wow, I didn't even notice she wasn't here. Maybe it's because she doesn't talk." JiYoo shrugged as she also stared at the table next to her.

Jimin ignored JiYoo's words and made his way towards HyunJae who was sitting at her desk doing something on her phone. "Do you know where HaeSoo is?" He asked.

"She's at home resting." Jimin made a confused expression and titled his head. "Resting?" He repeated. HyunJae nodded and showed him her phone screen. "Yeah, she's sick today. She just texted me."

Jimin grabbed the phone and went through HyunJae's text while she just stared.

________________________________
📶SK 🔊 11:03 AM 89%🔋