Chapter 26

Injury

"HaeSoo! Watch out!" He yelled.

Jimin quickly grabbed HaeSoo into his arms once he arrived to her and tried to push her away from the figure making them both fall on the ground. Jimin made sure to keep HaeSoo's head onto his chest with his arms covering her so she wouldn't get hurt.

He slowly pulled her away from his chest and looked at her who had her eyes tightly closed. He slowly let go of her and looked up to the figure who had stumbled passed him. The hooded figure turned around revealing a pocket knife in his hand. The figure was clearly going to hurt HaeSoo which caused Jimin to protect her.

"Who are you?!" Yelled Jimin as he quickly got up leaving HaeSoo on the ground trying to understand what was happening. She quietly tried to check the hooded man and noticed that he resembled the imposter she met at the coffee shop at that time.

The hooded figure revealed his smile as he went towards Jimin with his pocket knife in his hand. Jimin was quick to think and quickly grabbed the man's arms. The point of the knife was just a few inches away from him. He was struggling to keep it away from him but the small knife grew closer to his face as every second passed.

HaeSoo, not being able to watch, quickly stood up and began to make her way towards Jimin. "No! Don't come, you'll get hurt!" Yelled Jimin noticing HaeSoo approaching from the corner of his eye.

The one second that Jimin used to look away and check on HaeSoo caused him to lose strength on the arm he was holding onto. "Argh!" Groaned Jimin as he felt the point of the knife leaving a red mark on his face. Jimin placed his hand over the mark and looked back to see that the hooded figure had run away. "Hey!" He yelled.

Jimin was going to go after him but HaeSoo stopped him by grabbing his arm. She slowly placed her hand on Jimin's hand which was covering his mark. She then carefully pulled the hand away to see blood dripping out and his hands stained with that same blood. HaeSoo quickly let go and covered her lips with both her hands while tears began to fill up her eyes.

"Hey..." Jimin softly spoke as he pulled HaeSoo's hands away from her lips. "I'm okay," he tried to reassure her but she wasn't easily going to give in. HaeSoo slowly approached her finger towards the red bleeding mark and touched it lightly making Jimin hiss.

After hearing Jimin hiss because of the pain, HaeSoo knew he wasn't fine. She grabbed his hand and began to drag him with her as she walked. "Wait, where are we going?" HaeSoo didn't stop to answer Jimin's question and just kept on walking.

The silent walk went on with HaeSoo dragging Jimin until she had finally stopped right in front of her house. HaeSoo managed to get her keys out of her backpack while holding onto Jimin's hand and opened the door to her house. She entered and took her shoes off while Jimin did the same.

"Ah, HaeSoo. You're home." HaeSoo recognized her aunt's voice and looked up. "And you brought a boy..." Her aunt's eyes looked towards HaeSoo holding onto Jimin's hand.

Jimin bowed to HaeSoo's aunt out of respect. "Nice to meet you. My name is Park Jimin. I'm a friend of HaeSoo." Jimin introduced himself while HaeSoo's aunt analyzed him. "Do all friends hold hands and come home?" She asked.

HaeSoo quickly let go of Jimin's hand and backed away a little. Her aunt than slowly approached Jimin and checked him from head to toe. "Well, you're quite handsome. I wonder how my voiceless niece managed to get you." Jimin looked towards HaeSoo who was looking down. Her heart hurt every time her aunt called her that all she could do was look down to hide the sadness.