Chapter 15

Detective

HaeSoo stared at the detective with shock and fear as she slowly backed away trying not to be heard. Her head slowly leaned on the wall as she quietly listened to the conversation. "When is your niece coming home? I have some questions to ask." The male voice spoke sounding a bit impatient. It was no surprise to HaeSoo because he was impatient the first time she met him at the hospital.

"She should be home soon. She left me a message and told me she was stuck in detention. Kids these days, always getting in trouble." HaeSoo recognized her aunt's voice as she rolled her eyes in annoyance. Her aunt was clearly pretending to be kind and sweet when she's actually a horrible person.

The detective's laugh was heard as he began to talk again. "Well, I hope to be able to speak to her about this case because time is passing and we need to solve this quickly. We actually found the weapon used." HaeSoo's hands began to tremble as she heard the detective speak. Not wanting to confront him, HaeSoo quickly walked out still keeping quiet.

She slowly closed the door behind her and looked up to see Jimin's back view not too far from the house. She looked down trying to calm herself and began to walk in the direction Jimin was walking.

Soon enough, Jimin felt something tugging on the back of his hoodie. He turned around to see a hand holding on to the bottom of his hoodie. He followed the hand and looked up to see HaeSoo looking down. "HaeSoo? What's wrong? Did you forget something?"

HaeSoo didn't move one bit and just kept looking down. Jimin fully turned around making HaeSoo let go of his hoodie. Her hands began to tremble again as she thought of the detective and her parent's case. "Hey, what's wrong?" Jimin turned worried as he stared at HaeSoo's trembling hands. "Are you okay?"

Jimin soon held HaeSoo's hand trying to stop it from trembling. HaeSoo, taken aback by the sudden touch of Jimin's hand looked up to see his worried expression. There it was, the tears in HaeSoo's eyes getting ready to fall.

"Hey, hey. What's wrong? Did something happen at home?" Jimin began to panic as soon as he saw HaeSoo's eyes. He didn't know what to do nor what to say, he just tightly held on to her hand and stared deeply into her eyes.

Jimin looked around for a while and realized it was getting dark. He then had an idea pop into his head as he quickly began to drag HaeSoo with him. "How about we go to that convenient store we went to last time?"

There they went, Jimin dragging HaeSoo while she carried her bag behind her back still looking down.

°°°

"Ice cream?" Jimin offered as he held two ice cream cones in his hands. HaeSoo showed him a faded smile while she grabbed a chocolate flavoured ice cream cone and licked it. She then kept looking down avoiding eye contact making Jimin more curious.

"This may sound a bit forward but, is this about your parents?" HaeSoo felt her breath hitch for a few seconds before her breathing returned to regular. Her eyes looked up to Jimin to see him with a curious yet worried expression. She soon grabbed her bag, which she had placed on the floor, and unzipped it to take out her valued journal. She then took out a pen and began to write in it as Jimin patiently waited.

Journal:

Yes, it's about my parents.

-To Jimin

Jimin read the words written in the journal and looked up to gaze at HaeSoo. "Did they...find the murderer?" Jimin hesitantly asked. HaeSoo shook her head while looking down and grabbed her journal once again writing in it another time.

Journal:

The detective's at my house

-To Jimin

Jimin's eyes widened as soon as he read the words written. "Then what are we doing here!? The detective can help you find the murderer!" Jimin stood up ready to leave but he noticed that HaeSoo was in no urge of going back home. Jimin slowly sat back on his seat and gazed at HaeSoo for a long while. "You're too afraid of remembering the past, aren't you?"

HaeSoo looked up to Jimin after hearing his words. Her eyes seemed a bit widened by the fact that Jimin was able to describe how she felt about this situation. HaeSoo found herself nodding to Jimin's question although she had no idea why she was trusting him in the first place. "Hey, I don't understand what you're going through, but I'll be here for you. At least someone knows about your situation."

°°°

The sky which was once blue had turned dark once night time had fallen. The stars decorated the night sky like they do every end of the day, yet today the decorations seemed quite special. Jimin and HaeSoo walked under the beautifully decorated sky with nothing but the sound of silence filling their ears. Soon, they both were standing in front of HaeSoo's house, one tired and the other nervous to go back in. "You should go in."

HaeSoo turned around and stared at her house before looking back at Jimin who seemed to understand HaeSoo's nervousness. Jimin let his hands place themselves on HaeSoo's shoulder's as he leaned down to the same eye level as her. "If the detective is there, don't run away like you did. Face him, face your fear, okay?" Jimin spoke without pretense as he stared into HaeSoo's eyes. HaeSoo took a deep breath and nodded before walking towards her house. She turned one more time to take a glance at Jimin and waved before opening her house door to walk in.

HaeSoo closed the door behind her and took her shoes off noticing that the detective's pair of shoes weren't there which meant he had left. HaeSoo sighed and made her way towards the kitchen out of hunger. The moment she had arrived, she found her aunt about to take a drink from one of the alcohol bottles. Knowing this would cause a total mess, HaeSoo quickly made her way to her aunt's side and grabbed the bottle of alcohol.

"What the-" HaeSoo's aunt turned around in anger. "Where the hell were you!?" she yelled. "I made myself a fool in front of that detective because you never came home! Give me that bottle." HaeSoo's aunt was still sober, so there was no telling how she would act if she was drunk.

HaeSoo shook her head and began to grab each and every bottle of alcohol that was in the fridge. Luckily, her aunt hadn't bought any this week so there wasn't that many in the fridge. HaeSoo began to walk out of the kitchen while her aunt quickly began to follow. "What are you doing!?" Her aunt began to yell while she pulled HaeSoo's arm to stop her. HaeSoo shoved her aunt's hands off her as she quickly walked her way to her room. She locked her room door hearing her aunt banging on it loudly. "Let me in! You can't take things that aren't yours!"

HaeSoo ignored her aunt's loud noise and placed the numerous bottles of alcohol on the floor. She sighed and made her way to her bed before lying on it thinking about how she would deal with her aunt.

After all, she never understood why she was treated so poorly.

A/N:
Electricity was out at school since yesterday but it came back today so we have school tmr. I don't want to go bc I have P.E. tmr.

R.I.P.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

If you did, please leave a vote to show your appreciation.

Thank you!

See yaaaaaaa!

💜💜💜