Chapter 18

Late

"I hate him, I hate him, I hate him!" Jimin kept mumbling those words as he walked through the school hallway. "What are you mumbling about?" Hoseok asked as he glanced at his friend hating on someone while staring at his phone. "Him!" Jimin showed his phone screen to Hoseok just to see some name written on it.

"Detective Douchebag?" Hoseok read out loud what was written on the phone screen and then made a weird face. "Who's that?" He asked. Jimin groaned in annoyance and ran his fingers through his hair. "HaeSoo's Detective. He's a total jerk. He misunderstood me and told me to stay away from HaeSoo. I had to go and convince him that I was a good person. He eventually gave me his number, but there's no way I'm calling him."

"Don't you think maybe the reason why he wants you to stay away from HaeSoo is because you're a playboy?" Hoseok hesitantly stated his fact while rubbing the back of his neck. "I honestly was a bit insecure about you and HaeSoo. I mean, she's so fragile, and you're so... aggressive?" Hoseok didn't know how to put his thoughts into words.

"Aggressive?" Jimin repeated. Hoseok nodded and shoved his hands into his pockets. "I don't know how to explain it, but you're a playboy who plays with others heart while HaeSoo is just a girl who wants to live a normal life at school despite the things happening at home." Hoseok tried to explain what he meant but found it rather hard.

"Hyung. Do you think I'm a bad influence on HaeSoo?" Jimin Asked while Hoseok shook his head as an answer. "No, I think you're just annoying her." Hoseok directly responded. "Well, then. I'll just keep annoying her. Besides, she's the first girl that is treated differently than others. She has my number, she came to my place and I know a lot about her. She could practically date me!"

Hoseok face palmed himself and looked at his hopeless friend. "Have you ever dated, Jimin?" Jimin immediately nodded to the question. "Of course! Have you not seen me with all those pretty girls? Too bad they never lasted long, there was always a new one taking my heart." Hoseok shook his head in disappointment as he listened to Jimin bragging about himself. "I mean, have you REALLY dated someone. A person you liked because of who they are, not because they're pretty. You know, someone you spent a long time with." Hoseok explained his definition of dating but Jimin just seemed to be staring and blinking many times.

"Well, of course. I just told you, Hyung. Have you not seen me with all those pretty girls?" Jimin cluelessly spoke while Hoseok walked away from him while rubbing his temples. "You're hopeless." Was the last thing he said before the morning bell rung.

°°°

"Ha! Looks like that mute girl is absent again." JiYoo spoke as she looked next to her. "At this rate, she'll end up failing this year." JiYoo laughed as she stared at HaeSoo's empty desk.

Jimin then turned around and sighed asking himself why she still wasn't here. The class had started twenty minutes ago and it didn't make sense to him to see HaeSoo's desk empty once again. Right when he was about to ask something, the sound of someone barging into the classroom while breathing heavily, was heard.

Jimin turned around to see HaeSoo crouching down to her knees gasping for air. Jimin smiled seeing that HaeSoo actually was present. "You're late Nam HaeSoo." The teacher spoke. HaeSoo bowed many times trying to physically show she was sorry. "Go to your seat." The teacher shook his head in disappointment as HaeSoo quickly ran to her desk and sat at her seat.

The moment she arrived, Jimin made quite a weird expression. "What the heck? You smell like alcohol. Did you drink?" Jimin asked while HaeSoo quickly grabbed her journal to respond.