Chapter 1 ~ My brother

EDITED :)

I get off the plane, The flight only took 11 hours but it felt like a life time. I've always wanted to come to Los Angeles but not like this, Not to stay with my stupid brother!

Ever since he left my family, I haven't really wanted him around. He was never there for me and I didn't even know him! I saw him once in a while and we never really spoke, he doesn't care about me. And nothings changed

I get my luggage and head to the taxi driver. The entire ride to my brothers place, I think about what I'm about to walk into. The stories I've heard about my brother from my parents are bad. Apparently he once went to jail for nearly killing someone. And apparently he got kicked out of school because he would hurt the teachers. He was a rebellious child and he never had any respect for anyone. I hate that we are related....

I arrive at a huge house. This can't be it, He can't live here! How could he afford something like this? I step out of the taxi and a boy is standing at the door of the house.

"Maddie right?" I turn around to see a guy tilts his head, waiting for my response. I look him up and down with a little confusion running through my head, who is this guy?

"Who's asking?" I reply, not wanting to give my identity to some random stranger.

"I'm Zack, I'm your brothers friend" he explains as he grabs my luggage from the boot of the taxi. "He told me to help you with your luggage"

I stare at the guy holding my things. He leaves the luggage next to me as he pays the taxi driver the amount that's due. The taxi drives off and the guy walks back over to me.

"So, your Max's sister" He says as he looks at me, "hmm, not what I was expecting" he looks me up and down before smiling, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

"Where am I staying?" I ask, turning to look at the big house that is supposedly 'my brothers'. The driveway is long and I'm surprised this kind of house is even in a neighbourhood like this, it's a little expensive to be near all these small houses.

"Liam just finished your room" Zack brings me back to reality as I look at the house. I turn to look back at him with narrowed eyes.

"Liam?" I say more as a question, How many boys live here? He can't seriously be living with a bunch of people he met here!

"He's one of the guys that live here" Zack claims, like that was supposed to tell he who he is! I don't know anyone named Liam, so how is that little piece of information supposed to help?

I turn and look back towards the house, a window opens and I tilt my head a little. So I guess my brother actually lives with a bunch of random dudes... that's cool?

"We should head inside" Zack nudges me along as he starts carrying my stuff into the house with me following close behind him.

I follow Zack through the main door and into an entrance that leads from the stairs to the kitchen and what looks like a living room. He continues to walk straight and we stop in what I guessed was the living room.

"Guys, this is Maddie" Zack points to me as he introduces me to the 2 random guys on the sofa. I plaster a smile on my face as the guys move to grab the T.V controls.

The 2 guys pause the T.V and look at me while Zack puts my things down beside a cabinet on the floor. I awkwardly stand as still as possible as the boys look at me with wide eyes.

"Wow... your umm... different" one of them says with a hint of amusement in his tone. My eyes look down at the floor and I quietly curse myself out for even getting off the plane.