Chapter 27 ~ Caught

Me and Zed look towards the kitchen door, both eyes wide and scared.

Cole!

"Cole it's not what you think" I begin to panic

"Let me get this straight, your not hooking up with each other behind Max's back?" Cole tries to grasp the situation, stepping closer to us with his arms crossed and his eyebrows raised.

"No" Zed snaps with an angry lacing his tone, "I would never hook up with Maddie" He continues with his hands clenched fists by his sides

"Well you were just—" Cole gets cut off sharply.

"Just nothing. You don't know what's going on so don't try to imagine or assume what's going on between us!" Zed rants a little too loud in my opinion

"Zed, it's okay" I try to calm him down, not wanting this to get out of hand. Who knows what Zed is capable of when he's angry.

"No maddie, it's not okay, He can't just assume I'm using you like I used to do with every other girl" Zed reminds me of the first day I started school, the way he made out with tones of girls and didn't bother to let them know that he was just playing them for his own personal entertainment.

"Yes you are! Your probably just using her because it's easy to get to her since she's a girl that lives in the same house as you" Cole shouts at Zed, probably forgetting that I'm still here. "You know Maddie is off limits and you do it anyways!" He continues to shout.

Cole's voice echoes through the house and the one thing I was pleading to myself that wouldn't happen, happens. 2 Separate footsteps come from upstairs and another 2 come from the living room. The entire gang was surrounding us within minutes, all looking confused about what's going on.

"Stop shouting!" Payton whines, he slides his phone into his back pocket and leans against the bottom staircase wall while Liam sits on the bottom step. Max stands up straight and watches us from the side of the stairs.

"What's going on?" Max ask's with confusion clear in his tone

"Zed is screwing your sister" Cole bluntly states as he stands opposite Zed with anger and frustration written all over his face.

Max's eyes widen and then turn into a glare towards Zed. Before Max could do or say anything, Zed charges towards Cole and pins him against the wall with little effort. A groan leaves Cole's lips as his back hits the wall because of the impact.

"ZED!" Payton calls out with shock

"YOU REALLY THINK I WOULD DO THAT TO MY BEST FRIEND? YOU THINK I WOULD FUCK HIS SISTER FOR THE FUN OF IT?" Zed shouts in Cole's face, "I LOVE MADDIE MORE THAN YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE IN THAT SMALL BRAIN OF YOURS" He continues to shout, everyone gasps at the words 'Love' because well, I didn't even know we were saying it! But it made me smile and I'm glad he said it because I love him too.

I notice Zed's hands around Cole's neck tighten and I run over and attempt to pull Zed's hands off Cole's neck with all my energy. Of course I fail, he's too strong for me!

"Zed! Let Cole go. He didn't do anything so just let me him!" Zed ignores me, "your going to kill him!" I shout again but he continues to ignore me.

"Is it true?" Max lowers his voice but we all still heard him

Zed turns and looks at Max, loosening his grip around Cole a little. We all turn to Max as he stands in place, complete shock on his face. I feel bad that it had to happen this way, couldn't we have sat everyone down and calmly talked this out? Wait, what am I saying? This gang is far from Calm.

"What?" Zed raises an eyebrow

"Do you love her?" Max faintly speaks up

Zed turns his gaze to me, our eyes lock and a faint smile appears back on my face. He automatically relaxes a little as he looks at me, I love that I can do that to him.

"Yes, I love her" Zed says, still keeping eye contact with me. I walk over to him and smash my lips against his. He lets go of Cole and wraps his arms around my waist, my arms rest around his neck. We slowly pull away and we both smile.

"I love you too" my voice sounds purely happy, no other emotion, just happiness.

"So this isn't just a hook up thing?" Cole questions, still in disbelief

"I'm still a virgin, dickhead" I snap. shocked by my own words, I cover my mouth with my hand.

"So your like a couple now?" Liam cuts into the conversation

Me and Zed looks back at each other, we haven't even talked about this yet so how are we supposed to know? I'm not a mind reader and I'm most certainly not psychic so don't attack me for not knowing what our current status is!

"Why are you asking so many god damn questions!" Zed's voice booms across the house

"Because like it or not, I don't want this effecting our current relationship" Max informs us

"It won't" I assure him

"Good, then I'm happy for you" Max says with a small smile

He's okay with us? Wow... I didn't see that coming. I'm happy, just surprised I guess. My own brother is okay with me and his best friend dating, sounds really weird when I say it out loud but it's the truth.

"Can we all calm down now?" Zack chuckles

Everyone nods. Thank god for that! Any more shouting and I think my ears will pop for good, I would become deaf and never hear a single thing ever again.

So wait.. are me and Zed dating or are we still in a limbo of not knowing and just friends with benefits again because I really want to know. Like, I want to know right now and not be stuck wounding for the rest of my life.

"Zed" I whisper to him as everyone starts to move around the house again

"Yeah?" I catch Zed's attention

"Are we a couple?" I ask

"Yes" Zed replies; quicker than I thought he would

Zed cups my face and kisses my lips with full passion, I would stand here and do it all over again if I could. I want this kiss to last forever.