Chapter 2 ~ Living with a gang

Editing Now :)

Liam finished pouring milk into my cereal as I sit at a table in the kitchen. I begin to eat when I hear Payton and zed walk by the door, not noticing that I'm still in here eating.

Liam says goodbye to me as he walks back into the living room with a can of Coke. I sit quietly and eat my cereal as Zed and Payton glare at each other, what is going on?

"You know they will find out she's here, it's only a matter of time" Payton claims, continuing a conversation they probably started before walking into the main hall.

"Max won't let them touch her" Zed responds with certainty. Payton shakes his head with a sigh at him, harshness on the tip of his tongue.

"You know they will keep trying until they get her! It's not safe for her" Payton pleads, trying to make Zed understand his point.

"Well I don't think keeping it a secret from her will change the risks" Zed fights back. I hear Payton scoff But Zed ignores it, pacing forwards and then back to his original place.

I hear them from the half open kitchen door. I step away from the table and I move closer to the door, making sure they can't see me. I make sure I'm not seen to keep listening to their conversation.

"Chase is dangerous! He can't know she's here" Zed continues with a harsh demanding tone. Why do they sound so aggressive?

I think I hear max walk up to them

"We don't tell Maddie about Chase, she wouldn't want to stay here" Max says, crossing his arms and tapping his foot twice on the wooded flooring of the hallway.

"I just think it's stupid keeping something like this a secret, You agreed to let her stay and so she's your responsibility! If something happens to her It's on you" Zed tries to fight back his argument but seems to be loosing.

"What are you hiding?" I ask, walking around the door and in the doorway so that the guys can see me. I cross my arms and raise my eyebrow.

"Maddie, we were just..." Payton tries to hide the fact that they were just talking about something important but fails immediately.

"I heard most of it, don't deny anything" I shake my head, knowing they can't lie.

"Chase is going to come after you" Zed looks me dead in the eye, not holding back a single thing. I don't know why I admire his bluntness.

"You didn't have to tell her that!" Max snaps back with annoyance. His jaw clenches and his fists have been curled up into right balls.

"She heard us, what were you going to say to cover it up?" Zed rolls his eyes with frustration. I look from Zed to Payton then to Max, waiting for someone to say something.

"Chase won't find her here, he doesn't even know about her" Max tries to convince Zed but it doesn't seem to work.

"Your in denial" Zed sighs, Payton doesn't say anything before walking upstairs. I'm standing here, listening to them argue about something I don't know about.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, very annoyed that I am clueless in all this. Max and Zed both look at me with some sort of battle in their heads.

"Chase, he has a gang and they are one of many enemies we have" Zed explains, trying to make sure he doesn't step out of line.

"Zed thinks he will hurt you" Max reply's with an annoyed tone, He looks kinda pissed.

"HIM WILL! He will do anything to hurt you, I mean, hell, have you met the guy?" Zed says with a little sarcasm. Zed looks at me and frowns when he seems me open my mouth.