56• Files

WOAHH 19k reads. This is crazy. Y'all are crazy and I LOVE YOU SM!! Thanks for reading my story especially to the people who never fail to vote and comment! I love every single one of you!

Enjoy the chapter ~

——

" Well then. If things begin to worsen, I'd like for you to separate from the group and go to your house alone. We need that information, it could be vital for us and for the sake of humanity. So please, I ask of you. If faced with danger, turn away and go home. "

So I take off, ignoring the throbbing pain in my stomach and my head telling me to find help. I turn away from the battle, making my way down a familiar street.

To a place I had left my sorrows behind all those years ago, to a place I had sworn to never return to.

I'm going home.

-

I stumble down the street, gripping onto nearby walls for balance. Earlier on, i had decided to tear some of my shirt and wound it around my injury, but it's already bled through.

I grip my stomach, applying as much pressure as possible. Walking down the road, i attempt to search for any sign of my house. But my head hurts, and it's getting harder to focus.

I'm tired

I shake the thought, pushing forward and beginning to walk faster. I need to get home, find the information if there is any and get back to Levi. I made a promise. I'm not breaking it. Not now, I can't go just yet.

But it hurts

No, it doesn't. This is nothing. It's the same as when i got cut back in the first expedition. I'm fine.

I glance up, meeting an old cobbled house, ridden with broken glass and some wood paneling. I open the door, the creaking signifying it hadn't been opened in years.

But then again, I hadn't been home since I was 10.

Everything looks the same. The dried blood on the kitchen counters still remains as does the pencil on the walls from when I had drawn on them. It's like i never left. I head towards the kitchen, looking through the empty cupboards for any medicine or bandages.

But there's nothing. Of course. I groan, going towards my bedroom.

It's look so...young. My bed covers are pink and dusty. Little drawings are scattered over the entire floor space and nearly every wall. The candles on my nightstand still remain, from the countless nights I spent fearing the dark. My desk still has a few pencils on it, from when I could only carry so much.

My heart sinks, as the wish for my childhood back grows. Everything was so peaceful then, despite the death of my parents, everything was good.

And now here I am, fighting for humanities survival.

I go to my little wardrobe, unpacking a small purple blouse. Sighing, I tear it in half and begin wrapping it around my injury.

"I hope this stops the bleeding for a while..." walking over to my bed, I use all my strength to push it away and uncover an odd trap door.