•1•

"Just don't try to approach her or something."

"I've heard that she is a lesbian."

"Have y'all heard about what she did last year?"

"My cousin told me she got pregnant and had an abortion."

Voices can be heard from everywhere in the room.

They're talking about this girl again.

I personally never had a problem with her. She seems creepy and everyone says it's because of drugs, but she's just kind of quiet. Most of the time. At least that's what I think it is.

"Why are you all so obsessed with that girl? Just let her be the freaky emo she is and mind your own business, gosh.", Sarah is once again the voice of reason in this case.

"We just wanna know what the hell happened to her. Everyone is spreading rumors and stuff but no one knows which one is real.", Brad says.

"I personally think she's a lesbian. Nothing more interesting."

"Since when being a lesbian is a bad thing, Tanner?", Lily says. She seems pissed and i can say i am too.

"I didn't say that it was a bad thing. Maybe she's just one of the creepy ones."

"Y'all, i still think it's the pregnancy one. Have you seen her clothes? She's always wearing oversized sweaters and baggy jeans. Maybe she can't lose the pregnancy weight.", Brad says.

"Bullshit. Her parents probably abandoned her and she grew up in an orphanage. Everyone knows orphans end up like...this."

"Maybe she uses black magic. I mean...she kinda looks like a witch."

I can't even keep listening to these people. Why can't they mind their own business?

I open my notebook and start sketching my next artwork.

"Jade?", Sarah tries to get my attention.

"What?"

"What's your theory?"

"On Billie Eilish? Seriously Sarah? I have more important things to focus on. Just please get off the subject.", my tone is harsh.

I love my friends, but people who judge someone just because they're different make me sick.

Sure, I haven't even thought about the possibility of approaching Billie Eilish. She's some kind of emo, socially awkward or just shy, but she doesn't deserve any of this.
She's different, but that doesn't make her a freak.

"Aren't you curious? About why she is like that?", Sarah continues.

"No. And you shouldn't be either."

"But I am."

"Guys, the only reason you're wasting your precious time talking about Billie Eilish and her strange attitude, is because our lives are not that interesting. At least not as interesting we want them to be. But have you thought of the possibility that she may have heard you whispering about her? She's still a person. She has feelings too.", I say, still not looking up from my sketchbook.

No one answers.

Of course.

People can be cruel and judgemental. Someone has to put them in their place sometimes.

That person might be me.

So Jade is an open-minded girl...for now. Want me to keep writing? Vote and comment to help me😌

P.S. Sorry for any grammar mistakes. My English is not that good yet.