•11•

Calling Bradley on the phone, was probably the most awkward and embarrassing experience of my life, but in the end, I freed myself from his toxic friendship.
Not only he accused me of lying, but he also had the audacity to call me a "dyke" once again.
Eventually, I figured I couldn't cope with him anymore and told him our friendship is over. He didn't even care. After my request to stay away from me, he hung up on me without another word.

I still haven't found Billie. She didn't show up at school at all and she has no friends I can communicate with. She probably has me blocked since I can't reach her on the phone, but again, maybe she has a new number.

She'll return...she can't stay away from the school forever. She can't keep avoiding me.

My phone rings and I have to get up from my bed to pick it up. I accept Sarah's call and sit down to listen.

"Hey girl, I wanted to see how you're doing. I accidentally found out something about Billie Eilish and that's why I am actually calling you."

"What do you mean accidentally?", I ask.

"Well...it seems like her stepbrother works at my cousin's motorbike garage. I passed by to greet Mike and he was there, fixing a bike or something."

"Wait...how did you know Billie has a stepbrother and what he looks like?", my confusion must be really obvious. "I mean, she told me she lives with him but I didn't know until then.", I clarify.

"Haven't you seen him pick her up from school sometimes? God, Jade where the hell do you live?", she laughs.

"Oh. So...he works at your cousin's garage. He fixes motorbikes."

"Yes. And from what I've been told, his sister passes by sometimes."

She told me she wanted a motorbike...

"Yeah, okay. I'll probably ask her brother or something. Thank you for the information.", I sigh.

"It's no problem. Just find her before your assignment time is over. Since she's not answering her phone..."

That's what Sarah thinks? That's what everyone thinks?
That I want to fix things with Billie because I want a good grade?

"I...will. Bye.", I mutter and end the call.

I pick up my phone and jacket and leave the house.

I already know where Sarah's cousin works, we've all been there once or twice, so I head straight to the garage.

I don't even know what Nik looks like after all, so I just approach Mike, Sarah's cousin who is always there.

"Sup Kade.", he greets without even glancing at me.

"It's Jade actually.", I respond.

"Yeah, whatever. Are you here to buy your first motorbike?", something in his tone makes perfectly clear that he's mocking me.

"No Mike, I am here to see Nik....", he obviously doesn't have Billie's last name, after all he's her stepbrother.

Before I get to explain who I am talking about, he nods.
"Dealer!", he shouts and a tall blonde boy appears immediately from the door of the garage.

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me that?", he huffs and approaches us.

"This is Jade...umm...oh yeah. Keneston. Jade Keneston. One of my cousin's friends."

"Too much information. What does she want?", he stares at me and smirks.

"I want you to give me Billie's new phone number. Her old one isn't working.", I head straight to the point.

He looks surprised and curious. "How come?", he chuckles and gives me a weird look. "Did my sister finally score?"

"What the hell? We're...acquaintances. Almost friends. I mean...", I don't even know what exactly is my relationship status with Billie Eilish.

"Whatever kid.", he tells me the new number and I quickly write it down, replacing the old one in my contacts.

"Thanks...I guess.", I say, cause I am honestly feeling uncomfortable from his intense staring.

"In case you are not interested in my sister....you can have my number too.", he smirks and I think it's time to leave. Right. Now.

"I am good thanks. Me and your sister have an assignment to finish together.", I say, cause I really don't want him to think I am interested in a romantic relationship with his sister.

"I bet you do.", he chuckles and I roll my eyes.

What a jerk...