•26•

Her forehead touches mine and suddenly I'm scared.
I'm scared as hell, because I don't know what I feel, I don't know what I want and I don't know what I was thinking when I practically asked her to make out with me.

She's so close. She smells like lavender shampoo and cigarettes. Her eyes aren't closed, she's examining me. I take a deep breath and press the tip of my nose to hers softly. She gasps in half surprise half astonishment, but doesn't try to stop me.

This is it. It's your chance to back off. It's her chance to back off.

But surprisingly, neither of us tries to stop this craziness. We just wait for the next move.

"I'm going to kiss you now.", she finally whispers, slightly turning her head to fit perfectly against me.

I want this.

And then, there is a delicate pair of lips trapping my own lower lip, making me shut my eyes closed immediately.
I hesitantly reach for her left hand, but before I have a chance to interlace our fingers, she brings it to my hair, caressing my curls with gentleness.

Her lips are sweet and gentle, moving slowly and steady against my own, making all my thoughts and concerns vanish.

I finally find the courage to make a move myself, even if every single piece of sanity has left my brain. I bring my right hand to her back and my left around her waist, pulling her even closer if that's possible at the moment.

She gasps and changes the angle of the kiss, repositioning herself on my lap, pushing me back on the bed behind us.

Am I actually making out with Billie Eilish right now? And enjoying it?

"What are we doing?", I mutter between kisses.

You don't even care, my subconscious once again tells the bitter truth

She fully lays on top of me, tangling her fingers in my hair. "Practicing.", she mumbles and attacks my mouth once again.

I don't protest. My head feels dizzy, my hands are shaky on her body.

Billie moves upward and takes her shirt off, leaving me breathing quickly and effectively beneath her.

Just when she's about to lay on top of me again, this time shirtless, the door bursts open and my mother let's out a horrified cry.

Billie jumps from my lap and covers herself quickly.

"Jade Keneston, can you please explain what is going on in here? I thought I was very clear about leaving the door open for this particular sleepover!"

I gulp, uncertain of what to say next. I feel Billie's hand caressing mine and a small wave of relief washes over me.

"I'm obviously not going to tell you this is not what it looks like, because it is.", I reply, suddenly feeling confident.

"I can see that.", she looks over at Billie, who is still not exactly dressed. Her expression is one of pure disapproval, maybe even disgust.

"Mom, I've told you to knock haven't I?", I am suddenly furious with her and her behavior.

"And I've told you to leave the door open when there are...certain people here.", she doesn't even glance at Billie.

"Boys mom. You've said I'm not allowed to close the door when there are boys here."

"It's the same thing! She is trying to take advantage of you, can't you see it?", she suddenly raises her voice dramatically.

"Mom!", I yell back, getting up from the bed furiously.

"It's okay, Jade. I'm just going to leave now.", Billie quickly passes by me, her head low and wears her shirt as quickly as she can before getting out of my room.

My mom looks over at her, shaking her head as if she doesn't believe this actually happened.

And I can't believe it either.

I have to go after her.

The kiss didn't mean the same to her. She probably didn't feel anything. After all, it was just <<practicing>>.

I've got it bad.

Sorry if that was absolutely terrible, I hope it's not as bad as I think it is. ANYWAY I LOVE YOU SO MUCH FOR LEAVING COMMENTS THANK YOU FOR READING THIS IDK HOW YOU STILL DO❤💞💘

P.S. Do y'all like the new cover?