•36•

"They're taking away the trailer.", Billie grunts, lowering her head on my desk.

She'd called me in the middle of my studying session and I'd gotten really worried from the sound of her voice. She'd sounded tired, disappointed.
I'd told her to come over and help me study to try to cheer her up.

"What do you mean <<taking away>>?", I wonder.
She's never talked to me about any problems with their temporary residence.

"It's under confiscation until we find a way to pay all the bills.", she shakes her head, "Nik lost his job a few days ago."

I gasp, taking her hand in mine. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"I didn't want to burden you with my problems. You already have your mother treating you like a monster because of me."

I wince, remembering my mother once again.
She hasn't talked to me in three days, always making an excuse to leave whenever we're in the same room. I think Maya's tried to talk to her once or twice, but apparently, it didn't work.

My problems with my mother although are not an excuse to not be supportive of my girlfriend when she needs me.

"Rainbow...we haven't talked about this but relationships don't work that way. You have to talk to me about your problems and I have to listen to you and help you find a solution. This is the least I can do for you."

She sighs and rests her head on my shoulder in defeat. "If they take our house we have nowhere else to go."

"Please don't be like that. That's so blue. I don't like seeing you blue.", I caress her hair softly, leaving a peck on her forehead. "We'll figure this out."

She hides her face in my neck, inhaling tenderly before speaking again.

"My brother used to fix motorbikes. He can't find another job. That's what he'd been doing his whole life."

And then, it hits me.

"Oh my God, I have an idea.", I blurt out, an idea forming in my mind.

"What is it?", she looks up hopefully.

"My mother's high school best friend, Carson! She's a motorbike seller although she doesn't work in a garage. Maybe she can help your brother, give him a job!"

She thinks about it for a little bit.

"Do you know her?"

"Personally? No. My mother used to talk about her a lot though."

And then, it hits me again. My mother hates me.

We exchange looks, probably thinking the same thing.

"I don't think this is gonna work.", she finally announces.

I huff in frustration.

I'm really desperate to help my girlfriend. If we don't find a way for them to pay the bills and keep the trailer, there is no other solution than to secretly sneak her into my room or something, if she has nowhere to stay.

"When will the trailer be taken away?", I ask in vigilance.

"Tomorrow.", she mumbles.

There's no time to chicken out.

"I'll talk to my mom. Today."

...

"There's no way I'm helping two outcasts keep the trailer they live in! Especially these two."

I knew my mother wouldn't react nicely, but denying to help two people in need so intensely, proves that she's too freaked out with what "I did".

"Can you just keep our feud between us and do something nice for my...friends?"

She snorts aggressively. "Friends? I think that's the last thing you are with those people Jade!", she keeps mumbling something I don't quite understand, "You couldn't just date her brother could you?"

This just surpasses the limits of exaggeration. She isn't willing to help me and that's pretty obvious.

"You're going to give me Carson's number. Now.", I demand.

"That's not going to happen sweetie. I told you I won't be a part of your unnatural-"

Before she can finish her sentence, Maya bursts through the door unbothered, eating a banana.

"What is going on with you two?", she asks once she sees our expressions.

"Billie and her brother are being thrown out of their trailer and mom refuses to help me contact Carson who may have a job for Nik.", I explain between one breath.

Maya stares at our mother for a little while, thinking about the situation.

"Well then", she mutters calmly, " I guess since they have nowhere to stay, they can stay here with us until Nik finds a new job don't you think?", she turns to me, winking.

I smile widely, nodding. "You're right."

My mother looks horrified, ready to explode at any second now.

"Absolutely NOT! That faggot isn't staying in my house, FORGET IT!"

We look at each other in disbelief and terror.

"Did you just say what I think you said?", I whisper in complete shock.

She looks like she knows she's gone too far and just nods stubbornly.

"If you ever say that fucking word in front of me again, you're done for me.", I remain calm while turning around and leaving the kitchen silently.

Maya follows me quickly, stopping me before I can go upstairs.

"That was way over the top, are you okay?", she asks, concerned.

"Yeah, fine."

"They can stay here you know? Nik can stay with me and Billie with you if that's necessary. She doesn't have to know. We clean the rooms by ourselves anyway."

I smile faintly. She's the best.

"Okay. I'll see what I can arrange.", I mutter, hugging her lightly. "Thank you."

SUUUP BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE! I'm in a quarantine (I'm fine, just for safety) and so, so bored💀
I hope you liked this one.

Btw my sister says she pictures Jade Thirlwall??!

P.S. THANK Y'ALL FOR #4 IN #billie THAT'S CRAZYY😭😭💕💕