•32•

Thank you for supporting my work even if I could do better (if I had the time lmao I wish), thank you for being patient with my slow build-up and thank you for all the lovely comments❤
I promised this chapter would be reeeeeally good so I hope I won't disappoint anyone🥺

It's almost midnight when I decide I can't wait any longer. My mother is probably already worried and I haven't even called her.
I get up from the couch and wave awkwardly towards Nik's direction. He looks up from his phone and nods in an attempt to say goodbye without talking to me.
Maybe he doesn't like me that much.

I open the main door and exit slowly, stupidly thinking that she might suddenly show up out of nowhere.
My disappointment is certainly very obvious on my face but I don't even care.

I still don't know how things are right now between us.

And suddenly, before I have the chance to walk away with a huge lump in my throat, I hear footsteps from behind the trailer.

Could it be...?

The figure walks across the pavement until she's in front of the trailer's door.

Oh. My. God. This can't be real.

If I said I was seeing Billie Eilish in front of me right now, I would be lying.
Well, at least she doesn't look like the Billie I know.

I gasp in amazement and its loud enough to get her attention. She turns around and looks at me momentarily before furrowing her eyebrows in surprise. Not anger, just surprise.

"Keneston? What...what are you doing here?", she asks shakily before taking a step back.

But I'm still too shocked to form a proper answer to her question. I realize I'm literally checking her out, but I can't believe what I'm seeing is possibly real.

What has this creature done to Billie?

She looks tired and excited at the same time, but it's not her expression that makes me completely lose it right there and then.
She's wearing a black tight crop top and even tighter jeans. Her hair is pulled back from her face in a short ponytail that's clearly messed after some kind of hard work or something, while many strands of hair are all over the place. The top of her right cheek is blue and purple and many parts of her clothes are accidentally colored too. She looks just if she just dipped in a half-filled bucket of colors.
With one hand, she's holding a huge package with something that looks just like bottles of color spay, while the other is balancing a small lit cigarette between two of her fingers.

I've seen her many times in her usual baggy clothes, but she's never been so beautiful, so real. So revealed.
I stare intensely, mouth agape until she clears her throat, impatient. "Well?"

I gulp and shake my head in an attempt to clear my mind from what I'm seeing.
"I came here to...you know."

She raises an eyebrow. "No, I don't."

"I came to see you. Talk to you, actually.", I manage between calming breaths.

She doesn't say anything, just keeps staring at me until the door of the trailer opens abruptly and Nik is now right behind us.

"Oh, sis. You're just here in time. Jade was waiting for your busy ass nearly the whole evening."

I blush immediately and Billie just looks between me and her brother in confusion. "She was here all the time I was out?"

"No, not all of the time. But she spent a whole good evening watching me slice green peppers for dinner."

Billie looks at me and something in her blue eyes is brighter than before. "Well then, I don't have to be a total bitch. Wanna stay for a little longer?", she offers.