why me?

I wanted to ask him why he felt the need to protect me, I mean me of all people to exist. I was a savage beast cast out to the outskirts of a monstrous realm along with my kind. Sure he had probably been there a few times, but how am I supposed to just trust an Asgardian after what their people have done to my own? a prince even! 

Many times I have had to gnaw my inner cheek to keep myself from spitting out a sneering remark or had to bite my tongue whenever he would make a small comment here and there about my lack of speech. "sometimes I wonder if you can even understand me" he sniffed sitting up in his bed, I kept under my desk with my legs crossed as I took a piece of the so-called croissant. I ripped it open with my claws and found it fluffy and light to the taste.

 It was strange but I got used to the taste of the strange food in front of me. 

I found no need to 'change' when I went to sleep due to shifting a wolf such as myself had no need for clothes, thankfully the shifts didn't alter what I wore in human form so I was still dressed in the brown and cream dress the maids fitted me into.

 I glanced up at him to see him deep in thought, I grunted to get his attention and when I got it I look to the bathroom door to the left. "you wish to bathe?" he questioned and I nodded once with a blank expression "you may" he then slid out of the covers as I shifted into wolf form and trotted into the small room. I turned back to see him and shifted again closing the door. 

Loki POV: 

I sighed as I watched her close the bathroom door disappearing from view her golden eyes shimmering and I turned back to my wardrobe preparing fresh armor for myself. I heard the water in the bath running and got back to thinking, will she ever speak? was it all worth it? I gave away my freedom to love another for her and she won't even utter one word. If food is the way to her trust then so be it.

I only hope mother will be able to fair well with her while she discusses the traditions for Asgardian newlywed couples. what joy. I requested she come at lunch to collect her, as I have requested another two maids to design another garment for her. "Two maids will be here for you when you finish bathing" I called to the closed door, again a prolonged silence filled the air. 

I knew she wouldn't answer but it didn't soothe my uneasiness with leaving her alone so frequently, I needed time to think about how to gain her trust if for whatever reason the food didn't work in my favor.

I had already attempted to get her to come to dinner but she hadn't arrived leaving me feeling quite annoyed and a tinge concerned especially after finding her bandaged hand being obvious after that ordeal.

Many in the palace would be after her head so I had to find her trust so I could give it to others, so they could protect her if for whatever reason I may not be there. That and we had to look like we enjoyed one another's company for the sake of the people.

Soon enough after I was changed a dainty knock hit the chamber doors, I swiftly strode toward it looking slightly down at the small red-haired maid Feya. I knew her, the one I was to wed had some sort of bond that I needed with her so I had requested she come to assist. 

She looked up at me with her dainty glassy blue eyes and then looked down to the floor again "My prince, I have arrived with the instructions of another garment" she commented. "Yes. please enter" I offered as I stood aside for her to enter as she clutched many fabric color swatches in her hands. A measuring tape lay draped over her shoulder over the pale blue dress she wore as a maid. 

"She will be out in a moment, she is bathing. If you come across any complications, request for me" I prompted and she looked up and nodded "I would like to know why she came back with a bandage on her palm as well and as of to why she did not show for the feast in the dining hall" I recounted sternly. "my prince, my apologizes for not informing you sooner. Her own claws pierced her palms upon arrival toward the feasting hall, I had to take her to the healers to get them cleaned up." She spoke looking down with guilt "it is fine, thank you for informing me" i nodded as I turned and left the room.

I heard her dainty footsteps cross over to the bathroom door and heard Feyas faint voice echo through it as I began to wander through the halls toward the chambers that contained my mother.