Nerves and opinions

My nerves began to prickle up as Feya finished the touches on my hair laced into a high bun, she looked into the mirror standing just behind me with a smile her hands laying upon my shoulders "you look beautiful" she admitted and I smiled at her words. I had learned that it was a compliment here, where In Morkia, my place of birth, being called strong and intelligent meant more than physical appearance.

"thank you" I breathed. Her eyes widened slightly at the use of words coming from me, she had not heard my voice before but attempted to recover from it. She smiled and pulled away from behind the chair I was situated on as I stood, she had given me the basics of etiquette every time she came to do my dress and hair for each day so I knew most of what was going on by now thankfully.

Or else I would undoubtedly be completely and utterly lost, there was a lot to learn but I just needed the brief covering of royal etiquette. Unfortunately, etiquette was never taught in the forest for obvious reasons. I mean would you really need a knife and fork with a massive deer carcass in front of you?

She must have noticed my nerves "Do not fret miss, it will be alright I can assure you Loki will be there with you" she chirped with a smile her hands clasped in front of her light blue flowing dress.

I nodded and sucked in a deep breath as I pushed open the golden doors leading out of the chambers. Loki was leaning against a pillar that was in front of me and immediately looked up wide-eyed, blinking a couple of times and his eyes shone, I felt my cheeks heat up for some strange reason as he trailed his eyes down my dress to my hair. 

A shaky smile rose on his face and his cheeks tinted a slight pink if my eyes didn't deceive me "you look ravishing" he confessed and I smiled "thank you, as do you" I said with a small laugh as he grinned happily. He wore his golden and black armor with a golden C shape just under his neck, his raven hair slicked back as his emerald eyes glinted with adoration. 

"shall we?" he asked sticking his elbow out and I smiled placing a hand in the crook of it as we descended down the halls I gave a small wave to Feya as she pretended to wipe a stray tear and bowed. 

Soon enough we came to the dining hall doors and I remember what had happened last time, my bandages were taken off by now but I was still fighting the urge not to dig my claws back into my palms. Thankfully I was distracted when Loki unhooked my hand from his elbow and laced it with his own. 

At first physical contact made me uncomfortable if it wasn't with another wolf, even a simple pat on the back or graze of a shoulder made me uncomfortable, but here in the moment I trusted this feeling and began to relax more around Loki. 

I smiled up at him as he sensed my uneasiness "I promise you I will be there for you" he comforted kindly and put on a light smile feeling glad. 

I took in another deep breath as the guards opened the two golden doors for us to enter, the loud chatter that had just been heard ceased as all eyes focused on us and my breathing hitched. Loki ignored them however squeezing my hand gently in reassurance as he leads us over to a table with unfamiliar people at every angle. 

The chatter slowly picked up in the large eating hall and I noticed the long table he lead me toward had Odin and Frigga at the end and two rows of people either side of the long table. I glanced over to see Odin glaring with an icy gaze at me while Frigga smiled sweetly, Loki let go of my hand and I trailed over to one of the sides of the table, I glanced over to see Thor with his hand on Lokis shoulder with a smile as they both looked toward me. I smiled in silent reply and looked around a bit at the large dining hall. 

"You have done well brother I see she is becoming accustomed to Asgard" Thor congratulated Loki and I could hear it as my ears twitched, while I awkwardly sat there not sure of my next movements as I looked at all the food avoiding the eyes of hundreds of strangers "I suppose I have" he responded smoothly "she is striking" Thor complimented and I noticed Loki glare at him from an angle he couldn't see.