wild stead wild wolf

Loki POV:

"come on" I yelled impatiently I grabbed her hand dashing through the halls, she was laughing from behind me "where are we even going?!" she called "just follow me" I replied and I felt her hand slip from mine as I looked down to see the brown wolf sprint past me. 

She quickly shifted back but only to shout "well hurry up then!" then shifted back into her wolf self as I chuckled grinning and running after her. Thankfully we made it into the stables catching the eyes of a few guards but otherwise alright. 

I had the maids fit her into a new garment fit for riding just moments ago so we were prepared as we entered the stables. She glanced around wide-eyed at the variety of horses in their pens as we walked through the building. Her eyes once again filled with wonder and shock, at first, a stallion had stuck its head out to smell her but she flinched back stepping into me then growling at it. I chuckled as she straightened up "they won't hurt you, love, they are only curious"I place a hand on the muzzle of the beast as it snorted against my palm and she looked up at me and nodded in understanding. 

I tended to my black stallion and was about to turn around to signal her to come over when I noticed her advancing and jumping a fence into the rampaging wild horse paddock. my heart began to race as I called out "Hey! you cant be in there, he's dangerous!" I called from the fence line. She turned to face me then looked back toward the strong stallion Chaos. My lungs felt tight the last thing I would want is for her to get injured. 

Chaos was a dangerous beast large, heavy, and most certainly untamed he didn't like anyone and no one in all of Asgard was able to tame him let alone properly fence him in. I watched as she stood face to face with Chaos and he eyed her lowering his head then picking it back up again. 

He scuffed his hoof once and then twice as she neared him. To my surprise she put her hands up and began talking to him "Sh sh sh sh its alright, hey, hey" she said calmly as he reared. But then his hoofs hit the grass of the paddock again and slowly he began to trot over to her. 

the brown and white horse Chaos approached in a calmer manner than ever before and I noticed the maiden whose name I am still yet to collect had her pointed ears flat against her head. 

The large horse approached her as she reached her hands out to gently pat his head and face. He lowered his head for her to reach down his neck and she did so. Eventually, he placed his head over the back of her shoulder as she hugged his neck stroking his mane calmly. 

I was shocked, to say the least. She had just calmed the wildest horse in all of Asgard in a matter of a few moments, and it did not go unnoticed. I saw other horse trainers and folk approach with wide eyes and gaping mouths, Chaos neighed happily and nuzzled his head into her gently. 

She stood back smiling and caressing his face as she placed a small kiss in the middle of his head. "You're just misunderstood aren't you boy?" she murmured and he whined in response, "well I guess we both are then" she muttered barely audible. We all watched on as she turned to face me with a smile and began to walk over Chaos standing and trotting right next to her happily following. "now what?" she asked, "i- you-uh need a saddle" i stuttered out still in shock.

Megan POV: 

The stallion as they called it caught my eye in the paddock away from the others, he was an individual beast and I could see that tampered with his temper. Without hesitation, I jumped the fence into his paddock my tail swishing in the wind catching my hair slightly as it was tied high and up again. I heard Loki call out but I ignored him as this horse stood still in the middle of the green paddock. 

a beautiful brown and white coat with two colors for the mane was what caught my eye, I gently approached whispering sweet things as I held my hands up to stop him from rearing up on his back legs. I could see in his eyes there was uncertainty but fear, of me? I wondered, but I am so small compared to him. 

I noticed a small gash on the side of his neck, had someone intentionally hurt him? He slowly approached me snuffling at the air and bringing his large head close enough to my outstretched hands. 

His muzzle soft and warm grazed over them and felt ticklish as I smiled, He pulled back and then stepped closer as I went to raise my fingers to trail his face and he calmly allowed me to do so. He lay his head over my shoulder as I gently pet his broad neck and he neighed lightly as I tried to keep my balance as best I could.

"You're just misunderstood aren't you?" I murmured into his side feeling his breath ragged in puffs against my ears "well I guess we both are then" I muttered glumly and he neighed lightly in response. 

I decided to turn and face a shocked Loki with a bunch of bystanders watching on in awe, I walked forward as the large beast kept my pace beside me "now what?" I asked unsure of how to continue "i- you uh need a saddle" Loki stumbled out "what's that?" I frowned and Loki handed me a large brown leather strap thing over the fence his eyes locked on the stead next to me. 

"you place it on his back so you can ride him" he added "be careful" I smiled and took it from him, I turned back to the animal "what's his name?" I questioned Loki not facing him as I fumbled with the buckles and straps on the contraption "Chaos"

 "what a glum name, but I suppose Chaos could be seen as powerful too despite destructive" I piped up and I heard Loki chuckle. 

"hey sh sh sh Chaos, come" I called and he neared me his ears pinned back as he sniffed the saddle in my hand then stepped back with a huff of disapproval "do I need it?" I strained the word 'need' looking to Loki "what?" he breathed astonished "do I need this... saddle?" I shook the leathery thing in my hand as it rattled.

"It's not safe without it," he said frowning, with that I dropped the saddle at my feet smirking and turning back to Chaos. "here boy" I whistled and he trotted over as I placed my hands on either side of his face warm soft face.

 I trailed my way down to his back. I turned and walked over to the fence standing on one of the wooden pieces to get leverage onto the tall beast before me I clicked my tongue as he approached then I positioned myself and swung my leg over his large tall sturdy back. He jolted slightly but eased once I pet his neck and mane leaning my body forward. 

"there," I huffed "that wasn't so hard now was it?" I questioned sarcastically, I looked over to see Loki wide-eyed "well, go get yours," I said teasingly to Lokis stunned expression. He blinked a couple of times before shaking his head slightly "right" he muttered quickly heading back to the stables, he lead out large black stead matching his inky hair. 

He smiled and opened the gate for me to lead Chaos out and he hopped onto the saddled horse of his "who's this?" I inquired signalling to his dark stead, "this is Mischief" he pet Mischiefs mane proudly.

 "reminds me of someone" I added, teasingly glancing at him. He chuckled then pulled two red apples out of thin air making me gasp, "here" he said tossing me one with a grin. "they love them" he told me bending over to reach mischief's mouth so he could devour the apple. I did the same and Chaos whined happily beneath me, I laughed wiping my hand on my pant leg from the juicy crunched fruit and smiled at Loki warmly.