more havoc less ice

The frosts temperature bit at everyone in the pack, but no one slowed, not even for a second as they tore their way through. 

My father was left to deal with the leader and had just ripped the hand clean off of his wife's dead body, dropping it in the snow before him. It was a sight to see the leaders shocked mouth agape expression but I had other matters to tend to so I couldn't bask in it too long as much as I wanted to. 

Me and snow headed out for the less snowy half of the territory as we knew there would be more pack members scattered. 

"Snow take left! I take right!" I called and just then she turned as I looked over her shoulder meeting the eyes of a younger male vampire wearing a red and blue shirt and tan pants. Easy kill, so with that I darted off as she dealt with him

 Easy kill, so with that I darted off as she dealt with him

As I ran through I caught sight of a green jacket and instantly latched my teeth into his side as he couldn't get a grip on me properly

As I ran through I caught sight of a green jacket and instantly latched my teeth into his side as he couldn't get a grip on me properly. I felt a dagger twist its way into my thigh but it only caused me to dig my jaws deeper into the flesh until his movement ceased as he bled out. I felt the warm crimson seep down my thigh, but ignored the sting it left with it. 

It wasn't long until I ran into more and I launched myself into their arms and necks as they scattered darting about fleeing from the commotion. A few other pack members were dismembering them by the minute. My leg was still aching but I fought through the pain as a true warrior should and pushed through breaking necks and arms of the figures that attempted to flee to come back for us later.

 My leg was still aching but I fought through the pain as a true warrior should and pushed through breaking necks and arms of the figures that attempted to flee to come back for us later

Snow quickly found her way over joining in on the fight, we were all covered in bruises beneath our coats undoubtedly, some fractured and broken limbs.

Vampires had extreme agility and strength and could throw us far distances and snap our necks as much as we could rip their limbs apart. 

So far I heard a grey male mutter that 10 pack members were down, its a good thing we had 35 on our side then. Still, the deaths would be mourned out of respect and for their nobility, they would not be forgotten. 

They fought and died to protect this land and I will be damned if I was going to let them die for nothing. 

My thigh was throbbing and my back was too, I had just been thrown into a tree and my spine was struggling to readjust the bone ligaments quick enough but I pushed on. A few other pack members came to help and took some relief off of my shoulders. 

This continued for what felt like an eternity, we had been fighting for hours on end killing left and right as growls and howls of agony sounded throughout the forest and clearing of snow not too far from us. 

There were said to be 40 vampires in total or at least that was what my father had told to me when we were planning our attack. After telling him about Asgard I could tell he was enraged I even had to step foot in the realm, so I didn't dare mention I was now betrothed to the prince of our enemies, he would have Lokis head for that.

Eventually, everything was quieting down, the pack was slowing their pace as were the vampires because most of them had been wiped out. Limbs and blood scattered the woodland floor covering the mud and grass below in a thick layer of red matching the shade that dripped down my leg.

I still hadn't had the time to take the dagger out either as I saw the handle protruding quite deep into my thigh. Ouch. Not fun.

Snow soon ran up next to me "you okay?" she asked huffing "yeah, you?" I questioned, "just dandy" she teased causing me to chuckle. "Woah, bleeding thigh incoming" she huffed as she backed up over to the blade in my leg opening her jaw to clamp it around the handle "don't! it's stopping me from bleeding out" I scolded and she huffed letting it go "fine, they are nearly all gone anyway, 5 left apparently," she informed me lining up with me again. 

"that's good" I answered a sudden wave of nausea hit me making me stumble on my paws. "you don't look alright Vix" Snow blurted out next to me "I'm okay snow, promise," I replied panting "alright then Vixen, the last 5 are in the eastern territory, snow-covered, I'm heading there now I think it be best you hang back" she mentioned.

I snorted "fine, go, but one more thing!" I called slowly limping over to her as best I could. I nuzzled her side as a sign of respect and she frowned "what was that for?" she questioned as I stepped back "good luck" I murmured and she took a couple of steps back before hesitantly nodding and hurrying off. 

I'm glad we got on better terms, I had longed for her to trust me again.

 Even if it was the last time I heard her talk it was during a battle, the nickname Vixen returning gave me all the assurance I needed to know that she wouldn't hate me before I left. I thought of it as closure.

I knew what I had to do, and with my mindset in place, I turned tail running deeper into woodland in the opposite direction from the fight. I questioned as I scampered through the trees on why I'd really want to give up all of my home. I would return one day, I was sure of it, If Loki was not so angry with me that he would allow me to of course. 

But I knew the pack was in good hands. Snow would make a great future alpha.