stories and realms

"what of your realms terrain?" Frandal suddenly asked I sighed looking at my plate containing bones with small holes from my sharp teeth penetrating them "it is forest land, or at least that is as far as we tend to venture to avoid other threats and such" I revealed. 

"What threats do you encounter?" Hogun spoke up the first time this night, "A variety, it is war almost every day, serpents, merfolk, other shifters, trolls, giants, any supernatural that is a supposed danger I guess ends up in the realm" I spoke that last part looking at Odin at the end of the table as he huffed and turned away childishly.

 Loki noticed this and frowned in confusion but said nothing "excellent! so you are a great warrior?" Vosltagg bubbled "In my pack, I am initiated top warrior, secondary leader to my father" I explained looking to him as his eyes widened and an ear to ear grin took on his features. 

"marvellous you should come and train with us!" he boomed raising a chalice, filled with a drink I had never seen before as he lugged a heavy arm over my shoulder and I tensed before relaxing.

 "potentially," I answered looking to the cup in front of me filled with a red substance "what is this?" I asked Loki pointing to the cup who was taking a sip of his own "it is mead, it is very strong I suggest you..not...drink...all of.. it." He trailed off as I gulped down the entire cup in one go. It was strong and burnt my throat slightly but it was refreshingly cold and had an odd grape-like flavour.

I sniffled and wiped my nose as I looked at him "why not?" I questioned and I heard Voslstagg and Thor burst into joyous laughter and Frandal was smirking "its very strong you will not feel well after having too much of it" Frandal answered before Loki could "I have a strong metabolism" I shrugged signalling to our species "I had heard of the drink from fairies, they spread rumours and such about other realms, fairly pesky things"

A maid walked past and refilled my cup "what had they said about our realm?" Thor questioned his eyes twinkling in curiosity as he continued taking a bite out of a chicken thigh. 

"your realm is said to be stuck up with far too much gold for your own good, you all act regally and are just as traitorous as ever, basking in your so-called glory while others fair worse," I finished. Everyone at the table grew silent as I took a long sip of mead, "how do you mean?" Frandal spoke up his voice raspy "that is not something you should be asking me" I chewed some meat in between my teeth while glancing at Odin as I lowered the golden chalice. 

Interest was peaked, but I vowed not to retell the way Odin banished every one who he thought a threat to the 10th secret realm of where I am from it was nicknamed the realm of monsters apparently for good reason. 

 "where is your realm?" Hogun spoke up just as interested while Sif stayed quite listening intently  "hidden" is all I said before picking up a piece of bread and breaking it off in small pieces tossing it in my mouth. 

"How so?" Sif suddenly spoke up, "it is best I do not say as I may get beheaded for uttering the truthful whereabouts" I hummed and side glanced Loki who looked quite taken aback at my words. 

"well, we welcome you to Asgard" Thor chorused trying to lighten the mood once more as chatter regained in the eating hall. Truth is I don't know why I was saying all of this, I suppose it was that factor that Odin sat at the end of the table eating like a king basking in his glory while I knew how others back home were struggling for a decent meal. 

It felt wrong, petty for me to eat while my friend roamed the wood line for something to feast upon while the pack at home most likely shared the same fate. 

"I did not know a maiden could take so much mead without feeling ill" Thor piped up astonished as I downed my 4th cup "I would say the 20th cup would put me into a drunken state as you say" 

"20th?!" Volstagg boomed in astonishment at my skill of being able to take so much of the rich and strong ale. I smirked and nodded, "you two are to be wed tomorrow correct?" Sif suddenly asked toward me and Loki "Correct" he said looking at her and she nodded thoughtfully. 

"you mean she's already taken? I should have tried sooner!" Frandal huffed and I glared at him, what I didn't noticed was that while fiddling with my so-called metal fork I snapped it clean in half. Some glanced and a couple of them gasped Loki chuckled nervously pulling the fork reminds out of my hands and under the table attempting to spark up a different topic. 

"had you heard of what Megan had done today?" He suddenly asked and everyone's interest was peaked yet again "what of her, brother?" Thor asked "She tamed Chaos" he uttered proudly and I smirked at him as he grinned back. 

"The wild stead?" Sif yelled astonished "yes, bareback as well" he continued, everyones eyes were wide as they focused back on me "how?" I suddenly heard Frigga speak up from the end of the table. "Wild beasts are not to be tamed, they only ask for respect and understanding," I told her glancing once over at Odin who had his eyes trained on me almost in an entirely cold glare.

She nodded in understanding and Loki leaned into my ear "what is it with you and father? I can see there is more history between the two of you what happened?" he questioned  "that is not a question for me to provide an answer to" I shook my head dismissively and he huffed pulling back.

"what do you do in training?" I questioned Sif "we use hand to hand combat as well as swords and other weaponry," she stated proudly "care to show me sometime?" I hinted and a ghost of a smile hinted her features "gladly," she retorted and I smiled back. 

"we will all have to challenge you, Lady Megan, if you are truly the warrior you claim to be" Frandal said with a wink, my jaw ticked. I did not like it when others challenged my capabilities. "Frandal your flirting tone may flatter other unintelligent woman here but I am to be betrothed to Loki next morrow so I think it be in your best interest to stop with that attemptive seductive tone before I rip out your voice box with my bare teeth" I sneered calmly. His eyes went wide and he quickly shut his mouth and everyone else stared in shock at my threat and I heard Sif laugh "that ought to put him in his place" Sif said patting his back jokingly while he stayed pale in complexion and silent the rest of the night.  

I smirked, it now appeared I had one Sif's favor and the others too. off to a nice start I suppose.