Feeling better but not emotionally

Megan POV:

The next morning or at least I think it was the next morning I prepared to wake with sore joints on a hard white floor but I found myself in a white small cot like bed in the same cell. A fine blanket was laid over me and the dress shreds that previously littered the floor were no longer there. I sat up slowly grimacing at lifting my head as I placed a hand on my neck and felt bandages between my fingertips. 

I glanced around to see the same white barren cell except now there was a tray in the bottom corner of the barrier. The tray held some meat and a piece of bread on it and next to it sat a glass of water, I quickly hurried over and took the meat in my hands tearing at it with my teeth.

 It was cooked but it didn't taste as bad as I had assumed cooked meat could taste, I heard trolls enjoyed to cook their meat but our pack didn't take an interest in the extra effort of doing so.

 I took a large gulp of water and finished my meal sighing in content. I glanced over while standing as I looked at all the other cells again observing all the prisoners when I heard protesting. 

"I wish to see her, immediately!" I heard the voice of Frigga bounce off of the walls of the dungeon, "but my quee-" 

"no, I insist you allow me to enter" she demanded. I smirked at the stubbornness in her tone but quickly shifted my face to a blank one as I watched her walk down the stone path toward my cell. 

She stood in front with a sorrowful gaze and a sympathetic smile, "my dear are you alright?" she questioned gently I looked the other way 'define alright' i thought. She chuckled at my use of words or lack of rather.

 "you are very similar to my son, Loki" She insisted and I looked back at her with a raised brow 'how so?' i questioned in my mind now used to her picking my thoughts apart. "mischievous, cunning, but deep down you feel more than just aggression toward everyone", I frowned at her use of words 'i highly doubt that' i thought. 

"Well dear, I did not venture down here and past 10 guards stubborn attitudes just to bicker". I noted that the guards looked confused as it sounded like just her talking but my pride was bigger than speaking anything for any others to hear "oh I am well aware of that" she chuckled.

"I will have further discussion with my husband Odin upon your release, I am aware you had no intention to harm me and I know what Loki had done that caused your recapture, and that it was wrong but I can assure you he truly feels the error of his ways, we are doing the best we can to get you out by today" she told me, today?

It was pathetic, how quickly they devised on getting me out yet, what is so important to keep my alive? do they need information? I'd prefer death. I thought as I sat cross-legged on the middle of the room.

she exhaled, "because you do not deserve death my child, you are much more capable of adapting, I can see your strength, once you are out of this cell perhaps we could put it to good use, no?" she queried and I looked at her skeptically, how so?

"We have training grounds for our warriors to practice in, once you are allowed freedom I will grant you access to train for good reason" she told me.

I fluffed my tail in interest and a ghost of a smile tugged at my lips, interesting...the woods? I wondered, "perhaps, although I will need you to have supervision to venture that far" she continued and I scoffed I'm not some pet you can train to keep on a collar.

 "I am aware, however, it is only because of any dangers in the forest that may arise if the regular hunters from the city below see you havoc can arise and protests may form for your extended free-roaming" and I nodded in understanding. "I will send Loki to fetch you when we have come to a conclusion" she hinted and I visibly stiffened.

She looked at me sorrowfully "I can promise you he is remorseful for what he has done" I only glared back in response to it, "very well, I shall send my son Thor to fetch you then, however, you should both get used to one another's company you are to be wed by morrow" she said solemnly. 

I thought nothing further and looked away as she walked gracefully from the shield of the cell back up the dungeon steps. 

Loki POV: 

as I hid around the corner of one of the pillars I watched the interaction or just my mothers half of it while she communicated to her through her mindscape. I only heard mothers half as she would respond to questions or add small comments which made it all the more frustrating as I had no idea what she was responding to. 

Soon enough I heard her bring up the topic of me, "I will send Loki to fetch you" mother told her and I watched as she sat upright in her cell tensing at the mention of my name, I held back an exhale of frustration. I brought this on myself I have no place to blame her.

"I can promise you he is remorseful for what he has done" She tried to comfort her but to no avail as she only glared back in response "very well, I shall send my son Thor to fetch you, however you should both get used to one another's company you are to be wed by morrow" She said and before mother could turn around I teleported to Thors chambers.

Megan POV:

After a small while of tossing the glass cup in my cell, I heard footsteps approach down the stone halls of the dungeon. A few other prisoners stepped to the barrier edge and I did too watching as Thor walked in front of the cell "I have come to escort you to your chambers" he instructed rather firmly. 

He acted differently to the last time I had seen him, stiffer in posture. I nodded and stood to my feet as the barrier vanished as he nodded to one of the guards, I walked over and down the small flight of 3 steps following next to him staring straight ahead. 

I noticed him tuck his hands behind his back and he glanced over at me albeit a bit nervously but chose to not say anything further. Strange... 

As we neared prince Lokis chamber doors I looked at them my gaze lingering ever so slightly until Thor spoke up "m'lady my brother is very regretful of his actions toward you, please I hope you can forgive him" he let me know and gently took my hand as I stiffened his lips grazed my knuckles. 

I cocked my head to the side in curiosity we had never had this kind of gesture before in the forests but I suppose nuzzling into someone on Asgard would be strange. 

He let go of my hand his gaze lingering ever so slightly sympathetic and longing before he smiled weakly and turned and left me at the doors to the chambers. I sighed and fiddled with the bandage end on the palm of my hand before turning to the door but not without glaring at the two guards who stood either side of it.

Loki POV:

I hoped she bought it, acting like my brother can be very tiresome as he is usually a good for nothing oaf and I hadn't a clue if he had encountered her before or not.

The thought made my blood boil, but as I kissed her hand gently I had hoped she could forgive me. I made sure to give the hint that she should but hoped she could follow through with it. my eyes lingered on her confused features for a moment before I turned and walked down the corridors hiding behind one of the pillars I peeked back around. 

I watched as she sighed and fiddled with her bandage and noted that her neck was also wrapped and it took every ounce of me not to tear those guards limb from limb for allowing the contraption. I shifted back into my self quickly as I watched her turn for my chambers before glaring at the guards I teleported inside fixing my armor as she entered. 

"I apologize for going too far, it was wrong of me to invade your mind as such and I can only hope you can find it in yourself to forgive me," I rushed out looking into her golden eyes as they flashed with interest. She blinked and shifted into her wolf form and pushed past me back under the desk. She lay now facing the opposite way to me making my heart sink. What little trust I had conjured with her had now just been crushed.