Back to where I started-ish

My paws pounded hard on the snowy trail, I knew a safe place but it crossed through part of the eastern territory area around the back of the clearing so I had to be discrete about my movements to not get spotted.

I didn't notice however there was vampire gaining on me until he jumped through the trees nearly getting the upper hand,  thankfully I reacted in time grabbing him and pulling him harshly into the snow killing him with my jaws clamping around his throat cutting off his breathing making his body limp instantly as the icy snow crashed around us.

I nearly stopped in my tracks when I heard another familiar howl signaling another death of a pack member, I knew this wolf well, her name was Emberly, she had a reddish-brown coat

She was our healer but had to fight and join in to defend our land as we needed every member possible. I felt hot salty tears drip down the sides of my fur cover cheeks dotting small patterns in the snow as I continued onward. She'd been almost like a mother to me when my own had been killed by another wolf, she had raised me when my father was occupied.

I was keeping a strong pace until I crashed into the snow my body feeling limp and tingly all over, my lungs burning.

When he had taken me down from the trees my lungs began to burn as they fought for oxygen when he'd pinned me down I inhaled the air but it was frigid and frozen cutting into my throat.

Every time I breathed in the air it felt like I was swallowing shards of glass and I couldn't cough them up. 

Only then did I realize the cut in my leg had also been bleeding profusely. To make matters worse a stray twig was stuck up from the snow from where it had dug into my side the sharp end was now painted with a deep red as it lay not far from where I had killed my victim. 

I glanced around near me and tried to stagger to my feet, my vision was blurry and my head pounded.

My mind drifted to Loki, I hoped he wouldn't be too enraged at my sudden leave but I was fighting to get back to him now. I hoped that would make it up to him. If I remained alive that is.

Don't die

Don't die

Don't die 

I repeated the words constantly in my head trying to get them to actually make me feel stronger as I staggered, I'm guessing my loss of blood was finally getting to me but the clearing was right up ahead. I pushed myself as far as I could go before collapsing in the center only to shift and cough up blood.

The silence was eerie, the trees rustled as the cold snow crunched around my form as I moved onto my back looking up into the sky that was a deep grey as a storm began to brew above.

Dots of cold water began to fall against my cheeks, clouds covered the land as a faint bird could be heard from a distance, my ears twitched and my tail squeezed around my leg as the frozen floor bit at my bare skin melting under my diminishing body heat. 

 I felt my eyelids grow heavy begging for sleep but I managed to mutter the words hoarsely and as loudly as I could get it to be: 

"Heimdall" 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tensed as the stomach-lurching feeling overcame me, I shivered squeezing my eyes tightly as the warm blood from my abdomen and thigh soaked my body. 

The heart-clenching feeling lasted meer seconds before I felt myself land on solid ground rather quickly. I breathed out a sigh in relief and cracked my eyes open to see an overwhelmed Loki and Frigga instantly rushing over to my trembling self. 

I was back in Asgard, I saw Heimdall a small distance away giving a curt nod as I peeked a glance at him. 

That's all I needed before I turned to Loki "I'm back" I teased cracking a weak smile even though now was far from the right time. 

I broke into a coughing fit as a bit of red liquid hit the back of my dirt-covered hand in a spatter flicking across the golden floor. 

I could see his eyes were red-stained from tears of pain. I knew I couldn't truly leave him, but I couldn't let my pack get slaughtered either.

I knew Snow had a different motive to me and I was going to take her back whether Loki allowed me to or not. I just hoped he would forgive me and I hoped she could forgive me too. I couldn't live in two places at once as much as I wanted to.

I could hear frantic yelling and orders but it was all blurred Like someone had blocked my hearing.

The darkness crept up at the corners of my vision as I glanced at Frigga who had a very worried face as she held a hand over my stomach noticing the heavy amount of blood pouring from it.

I winced at the sting and clutched onto Loki's arm as he wrapped them around me in a half embrace. I heard him call out quickly he got to his feet scooping me up in his arms into his broad chest pulling me close as I tried to relinquish being close to him. But it was hard when you were sort of dying.

I felt my ears droop back as the world faded from view and the sounds around me muffled out into nothing. The last thing I felt before completely zoning out was being in Lokis arms on what I can only assume to be Mischief hooves pounded against the humming bridge making me shake with every clack as they pounded back toward Asgards palace. "it's alright my little wolf, I have you, you are safe now" and then everything faded out.