2.5 || The Prodigal Young Master

The guests were whispering to each other again, each expressing ridicule, anticipation, or disbelief.

Yang Liyuan, Yang Xiqin, Zhou Yunzhu, Zhou Yunzhen, and Zhou Wenling stared uncertainly at Yang Wenbao, waiting for the latter's decision to possibly rise or fall.

Yang Wenbao however, was having a bout of mind battle - literally - with the deity on the stage.

"Why do I have to play?" He complained. He did not want to garner any unnecessary attention beyond what was necessary. Why did it matter if he was able to play or not? And what's more, why did he have to display his ability in front of a bunch of irrelevant people?

Yulan immediately retorted, "You are obviously talented in the four arts. Only a few times did I show you how to play the instruments, and you're probably already at the level of the masters in this nation. To have capability but not willing to use it and show it off is a sin!"

Of all people, YuLan knew that one of James' previous incarnations was He Shan, a scholar whose musical talent was above herself. Physiques might change, mortal vessels might be renewed, but his soul and his capability would never lie.

However, she would never tell Yang Wenbao that now the person she was trying to push onto him to be his wife was here. Therefore, she must display Yang Wenbao's awesomeness. What's more, that person was blind, as a result of his karma, brought from his past life as Gil Scifa!(1)

Despite how handsome Yang Wenbao had become, it was as useless as an ant's corpse in front of that person. YuLan must get Yang Wenbao to display his ability for Zhou Yequan to hear!

She sighed inside her heart, "Why do I have to play cupid for two grown men... ."

Yang Wenbao's mind immediately picked up her soft grumble, "What?"

She replied, "Nothing. Just come up here and I promise I will ask Lei to spare more of his power for you in this particular world."

Yang Wenbao was quickly enticed, "Really? Do you mean it? I'll get more of the Pikachu's power?" After all, that bizarre heavenly power was too extraordinary, that even Yang Wenbao could not help but to want to wield it again.

Men and their strive for strength and power was always inseparable. Yang Wenbao, this hot-blooded man whose past life had suddenly been wrested away from him, was no different. What's more, the power was necessary for him to do his task in exterminating Daemons. Yulan had mentioned that this world had higher grade of difficulty as the Daemons were more evolved in quality and quantity. The more power he could get from Tian Lei, the better.

Yang Wenbao was quickly pacified and stood amidst the amazement of his companions, taking the offered flute from the female servant's hand. "Since Miss Bai has sincerely asked for me to accompany her with my crude skill, then I shall try to not embarrass myself in front of esteemed guests."

As he stepped up the stairs, Zhou Yequan's brows were wrinkled slightly, but there was no change in his flat expression. Yet, his lips quivered a bit as he asked the old eunuch standing by his side, "Who... just spoke?"

The eunuch, "Reporting to Your Highness, it is Marquis Yang's Di son, Second Young Master of the Yang clan, Yang Wenbao."

Zhou Yequan brought the teacup close to his lips, drinking the tepid tea in a few quick gulps to moist the sudden parched feeling in his throat.

Yang Wenbao, who was already at the stage, was at a loss. The latticed screen was still there, and he was not sure if he should be in front or behind the screen. He glanced at YuLan's direction, "Can... we remove the screen?"