2.6 || The Prodigal Young Master

If the strange man did not just blast a hole on Autumn Abode's third floor; and the fact that it was at the third floor without any balcony outside; the patrons would probably take a few moments to appreciate the pleasant aesthetics of this person's appearance.

The stranger was a young man with a physical appearance in his early to mid-twenties, with irises the color of blue jadeite, and a pair of heroic brows. Setting aside the unusual color of his eyes, although his whole persona looked pleasing, there was a trace of fatigue between his brows. His thin lips were drawn into a tight line when he languidly darted his gaze at the crowds, Yang Wenbao, Yang Liyuan, then the White Magnolia.

The fatigue etched on his expression eased somewhat as soon as he laid eyes on the white-attired zither player, and the suffocating aura that had persisted in the hall suddenly dispersed.

The purple robe, lined with golden threads, oscillated lightly as he walked towards the front of the stage. Like tall grass suddenly parted by sudden wind, the surrounding people subconsciously made way for the stranger. The stranger paused as he looked at Yang Wenbao. Both men looked at each other, perhaps gauging each other, perhaps something else.

Only Yang Wenbao and the deities involved knew that they were communicating within their minds, explaining everything that had happened during his absence. Finally, the man nodded lightly towards Yang Wenbao, "I have troubled you."

Yang Wenbao bowed back, "No trouble at all!" "Please take your wife and go!"

Having not broken her gaze away from the purple-robed man as soon as he made an appearance, YuLan's smile never left her lips. She hugged her zither with her left hand and offered her right hand towards the man, which he softly took. She softly whispered, millions of unspoken emotions in her voice, "Lei... . You've come. It's been hard on you lately."

The man smiled back as he gently tugged her hand, bringing her to lightly step off the stage, as if an invisible breeze delicately pulled her into his arms.

Everyone else might as well did not exist.

She ran the back of her hand on his cheek, "My work in this world is done for now." She glanced at Yang Wenbao, "It's now all up to you, Second Master Yang."

Yang Wenbao sighed and could only nod. "I know." Then he added in his mind, "Lei, when you're not too tired anymore, YuLan said you can impart some more of your power to me."

Raising his eyebrows lightly at YuLan, then towards Yang Wenbao, Lei nodded his assent.

"Poor bastard. It seems that even deities have in-law problems. I wonder what Lei had been doing that he looks so haggard."

Looking at the astounded but still tacitly silent guests, Yang Wenbao noticed the gaping mouths of the ladies. Although their silence indicated their fear, those maiden eyes could not hide their desire - as if they wanted to wrap Lei in a bag and take him home.

Yet, why would the pair of deities care of what those humans were thinking? Lei tightened his grip on YuLan's hands as they headed towards the very same hole he had created before.

Then, before everyone's eyes, both leapt off the third floor, and flew off, leaving a streak of purple and white in the sky.

Yang Wenbao could only scream in his heart, "Show-offff!!"

Perhaps it was the deafening silence after such noise, that Zhou Yequan finally could not stay indifferent. "What happened?"

The old eunuch, who had to blink his eyes a few times and even pinched the back of his own hand, finally managed to reply with a trembling voice, "Ah... ah... . This servant is not sure either. But this servant thinks the White Magnolia is more than meets the eye. A strange man just attacked Autumn Abode... to... take her away...?" He was obviously not sure what had happened as well, and could only come into such conjecture based on what he had just witnessed. And from the White Magnolia's and the strange man's appearance, and the way they had departed... .