2.8 || The Prodigal Young Master

After deciding to not disturb the other's peace, Yang Wenbao turned to leave. However, the slight shuffling of his boots must have alerted Zhou Yequan's keen sense of hearing.

His voice was guarded and low, "Who's there?!"

Yang Wenbao considered if he should just run away altogether, but as the other's identity was a Royal Prince, he thought that he should at least pay his respect, "This humble one seeks for Your Highness' forgiveness for having disturbed Your Highness' rest... . This humble one is... ."

The person under the moonlight looked more enthralling with the small smile suddenly gracing his lips. Zhou Yequan finished Yang Wenbao's words, "What has brought Second Young Master Yang to this Prince's courtyard? Is the quarters assigned to Second Young Master not adequate for your rest?"

Yang Wenbao was considering his reply. Of course he could not say that his appointed room was actually more than adequate, even a foreigner from Bei Sui had decided to feast on his older brother in it. Sensing the couple of breaths' silence, Zhou Yequan did not pester for an explanation either. Yang Wenbao thought that the Seventh Prince was overly relaxed and unguarded when the latter turned on his back and started to walk towards the room while gesturing slightly with a wave of his sleeve,

"If Second Young Master Yang cannot sleep, then will you accompany this Prince to chat?"

Although the words of refusal already hung at the tip of his tongue, Yang Wenbao could not bear to say them when he saw Zhou Yequan's back. The Seventh Prince had stopped in his tracks, his back was still facing Yang Wenbao. It was as if he was waiting for the other to join him, leaving no room for other options.

And Zhou Yequan's back... felt somewhat desolate.

Yang Wenbao was instantly reminded of two people from his past lives. Gil Scifa, and that person who almost made the hospital his second home to keep James company.

Perhaps he was searching for those two people's shadows in Zhou Yequan, that he finally walked over. When he was less than an arm's length away from Zhou Yequan, he lifted his hand,

"Your Highness, there are some steps ahead. Forgive this one's rudeness, but if Your Highness doesn't mind, this one will make sure Your Highness' steps are steady and safe."

His fingers brushed softly against Zhou Yequan's white sleeves, not quite touching him directly, but just enough to notify the latter that his hand was there to guide him. Zhou Yequan's face tilted slightly downwards, his translucent irises seemed to be affixed at the space where his robe sleeve and Yang Wenbao's hand were only a finger's width apart.

That was when Yang Wenbao wanted to smack himself in the head. Zhou Yequan could get out of his room and reached the middle of the yard just fine by himself. It was already a matter of course that Zhou Yequan would be able to walk inside as well without any assistance.

Besides, Yang Wenbao suddenly also recalled the first time he saw the Seventh Prince at Autumn Abode: Zhou Yequan wore a pair of gloves and avoided direct touch even with his attendants. Combined with the Fifth Prince's confirmation during their later chats that the Seventh Prince had mysophobia, surely Zhou Yequan would think that Yang Wenbao was just another germ?

Yang Wenbao lamented inside his heart of his own stupidity and was about to withdraw his hand. Yet, he was flabbergasted when his hand was caught by Zhou Yequan's slender fingers. Yang Wenbao looked at the distinct joints of Zhou Yequan's fingers that were wrapped around the back of his hand, marveling at the shape and the smooth feeling. For some reason, his heart was tugged by an indescribable feeling.

He shook his head to clear his mind. Wu Li's and Yang Liyuan's XXX scene must have muddled him.

"Then, troubling Second Young Master Yang to help this Prince to return inside." Zhou Yequan's eyes were already staring back straight ahead, his cheeks partially covered by his long jet black hair. Was that a faint shade of crimson on the Seventh Prince's neck?